PDA

View Full Version : Travel swing or full size?

c&j04
04-28-2009, 08:11 PM
We need to make some basic decisions before starting our registry. How important is a full size swing? Does it make a huge difference to be able to put the baby in swing versus sitting on floor to put baby in? I'm not tall so maybe it would be ok to only buy a travel swing? Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
My not tall friend just told me she and her kids hate the boppy travel swing. Another friend heard the conversation and said her DS fell over the back of one of the other ones when he was just a few months old b/c the weight was off and he was arching his back. So, my vote is for the ever-loved FP Papasan or other cradle swings by them. We returned a Graco b/c the motor just sounded suspicious from day 1.

GraceH
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM
we are really limited on space and went with the Graco SnugGlider swing frame (folds flat - takes a car seat to become a swing, which also becomes an ideal spot to 'store' the carrier when at home - reasonable price) and I am SO glad that we did - the amount of months that you can use a swing is really small in the big picture and many swings are just ginormous - I guess if you have the space and the money, go for the big swing, but I haven't regretted my choice at all.