PDA

View Full Version : ? for bikini waxers

s7714
04-28-2009, 08:23 PM
How did you find a good place to get your waxing done at? Was it just by trial and error or did you somehow figure out a way to work "do you wax?" into casual conversation with other women to get recommendations? :p I always see all these ads for places that do bikini waxing, but it just seems wrong somehow to just go plop myself down on the table without knowing the slightest thing about the person/place, iykwim!

pinkmomagain
04-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Gee, I'd go to just about any nail salon to get it done. I'm not particularly squeemish or sensitive to waxing, so unless I came upon someone who was totally incompetent (and I haven't), I'd go to any nail salon that I deemed clean and skilled enough to do my nails.

mom2one
04-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I have only had this done a few times. I found my person by getting my eyebrows waxed. SHe was at a spa type place and it was really nice. I have difficult eyebrows to wax, so I figured if she new what she was doing with eyebrows, she could wax other places too. I would not just go anywhere. You want to make sure your person keeps everything clean.

LMPC
04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
For me it depends on what I am having done. Eyebrows...I only go to a higher end salon recommended by a friend (or someone that I have noticed has nice brows). Legs...I'll go anywhere but tend to have a rec from someone. Bikini....I again go to a nicer spa/salon type place. I have been to regular nail places and there were times that I wasn't comfortable with the attention to hygiene that I saw -- and there were a couple of women who had NO clue as to what they were doing. When i moved from NYC, I didn't say good bye to my dentist, but I did go see the woman that had been waxing me for the previous 3 years!

trales
04-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I do my own.

jacksmomtobe
04-28-2009, 09:03 PM
I haven't bikini waxed but have my eyebrows done. In our area one of the magazines does a best of and includes beauty related services. I ended up with a woman who specializes in waxing. It's a small shop but she has a strong regular clientel including some local pro sports players. She's a little on the kooky side but the job she did was dramatically superior to any other place I've gone. I would try the local magazine or even checking out internet reviews route and then have the person wax somewhere minor to see what you think of the job the do, the vibe of the place. I had one bad job done somewhere else so I definitely some effort in finding a clean, knowledgeable place is a good idea!

Good Luck!

tylersmama
04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I've gone to a few different places. I don't get recommendations, I usually just go to a reputable salon/dayspa. I've actually found that the best (most thorough) job usually gets done by eastern European women. :p Probably the only waxing I had done that I really wasn't very happy with was a pretty young girl who didn't have me take my underwear off and just did a couple of quick strips around my undies. I'm a pretty shy person, but for bikini waxing, you just gotta let it all hang out. :ROTFLMAO:

infomama
04-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I have been going to the same girl for years for my brows so she does my bikini wax, too. If you don't have a regular girl I would just ask a friend. Most likely someone has been somewhere and can suggest a place.

amandabea
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't know where you are in So Cal, but I found a great place in the Valley a few years ago. I think I originally read about it in a magazine and then looked up info on the internet. I had no idea what I was in for when I first went -- I would never go anywhere else. These are professional bikini waxers! They do other sorts of waxing too, but definitely specialize in the bikini area. PM me if you want the name/number.

s7714
04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't know where you are in So Cal, but I found a great place in the Valley a few years ago. I think I originally read about it in a magazine and then looked up info on the internet. I had no idea what I was in for when I first went -- I would never go anywhere else. These are professional bikini waxers! They do other sorts of waxing too, but definitely specialize in the bikini area. PM me if you want the name/number.

The Valley is just a hop and skip away from me, so I'd love the info.! I just sent you a PM. :love-retry:

s7714
04-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I do my own.

I tried that once and just didn't have the resolve to pull the strips off myself, LOL.

elektra
04-29-2009, 12:43 AM
I have only gone to places recommended by word-of-mouth. I guess I am sketched out by just popping in to any nail salon place.
When I worked in an office, bikini waxing was pretty common talk and I never had to bring it up in conversation.
When I lived in West LA, my first girl was Ana in Beverly Hills at a place called The Beehive IIRC. (And she was Eastern European! LOL)
And then now I drive 15-20 min south from my house in Orange County to a girl down there. I tried another girl closer to my house (upon SIL reco) and I didn't like her as much.