PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Grill recipe...

jacksmomtobe
04-28-2009, 09:07 PM
So my New Year's resolution has been to tryout a new recipe each week. I haven't tried one each week but have definitely been making a regular effort to make something new. Now that it is truly grill season I was wondering what people's favorite items/recipes were for the grill. I love to make steak kabobs with fresh veggies. Typically I put the steak on their own skewers and similar veggies on their own skewers. I usually get marinated steak tips and then cut fresh veggies (the kids are loving colored peppers right now) and marinate those myself in either italian or balsamic salad dressings. Love to hear ideas from others with instructions if needed.

Thanks!

lil_acorn
04-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Here's an easy one from Barefoot contessa.
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
some rosemary (1 tsp-1tbs)
1 tsp pepper

Cut whole chicken in half and salt
marinate in above 5 hours to overnight
grill 350 for 15 min skin side up
flip and gill another 15 min until cooked through
in last 5-10 min grill lemon halves

squeeze grilled lemon juice over chicken when done

niccig
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
I just did this for 2 dinners for friends. I used a New York Strip - I got 4 for $15. We only ate 3, as they were huge. DH and I had the 4th for dinner cut into a salad.

Take leaves off 2 sprigs of rosemary. 2 cloves of garlic minced. Put both in a mortar and pestle and beat for a few minutes to mush up. Then put in a bowl with 1/2 cup of olive oil. Let it sit for at least 30 mins.
Salt, pepper then grill steaks. Once off the grill, brush the rosemary/garlic oil over the steaks and let sit for 5 mins. Serve and you can brush more oil on if you want.