PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Ebay Bidder!

frgsnlzrds
04-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Have you ever seen the "really" part of saturday night live? Here's my version:

Are you kidding me? Seriously? You're going to bid on a $6 outfit and ask me to send it to GERMANY? Really? Are you kidding me? I specifically state to ask for a shipping quote BEFORE you bid if you are out of the US. And you don't! Really? Well, guess what. It's $15 for a small priority box to make it to Germany. So, that's what you're going to pay. Really.

hellokitty1
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Have you ever seen the "really" part of saturday night live? Here's my version:

Are you kidding me? Seriously? You're going to bid on a $6 outfit and ask me to send it to GERMANY? Really? Are you kidding me? I specifically state to ask for a shipping quote BEFORE you bid if you are out of the US. And you don't! Really? Well, guess what. It's $15 for a small priority box to make it to Germany. So, that's what you're going to pay. Really.

Seriously?????? what kind of outfit is this??

egoldber
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Maybe they want it to match/coordinate something else they already have? That's the only reason I ever shop on eBay. :)

JdrKuhnert
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
They're probably going to sell it on German ebay for a lot more. You wouldn't believe how high some things go on ebay.de when they are marked as US. I plan on selling Gymoboree and Gap clothes once my boys are done with them.

frgsnlzrds
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
They're probably going to sell it on German ebay for a lot more. You wouldn't believe how high some things go on ebay.de when they are marked as US. I plan on selling Gymoboree and Gap clothes once my boys are done with them.

really? lol I couldn't resist. I never would have guessed that. It was a Gymboree romper.

Today she sent me a nasty email saying that unless I lowered the price she would leave negative feedback. Well she's going to have to wait until tomorrow because I am not walking my kids six blocks in the rain and back just to get a quote from the post office. I wish there was a way to just reject her bid and cancel the sale without letting her leave me negative feedback.

vejemom
04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
really? . I wish there was a way to just reject her bid and cancel the sale without letting her leave me negative feedback.

Can't you, though? I'm far from a power seller, but I thought that you could reject a bid from a bidder who doesn't follow the instructions outlined in your auction. Lots of sellers have an "overseas bidders must contact me before bidding" stipulation on their auctions. This woman is trying to pull one on you, I think.

BTW - An Australian bidder clued me into an option that was less than a third of the price of other USPS shipping options. I think it was in the "Priority" family of options. It would have cost her $25 instead of $95 to ship the shoes to Victoria, AU if she had won the auction. I was able to look up the quote on the USPS website.

Zansu
04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I just mailed a textbook to Israel, and it was only $13, so check the rates on usps.com

KrisM
04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
If you're going to sell on ebay, I highly recommend a scale! No need to go to the post office for an estimate then. Unfortunately, you can't send First Class International through paypal though, so you'd have to go for that. You could say you only send Priority International though - but it's $25 and up or so.

I put in 10 oz for a romper and got $8.65 to Germany for FCI.

Also, do you state you only ship to the US? If so, you can report her/file her as an unwelcome bidder for not following that. And, if you do only ship to the US, change your settings in ebay to not allow bidders from countries to which you do not ship. She would not have been able to bid that way.

Otherwise, if she didn't contact you, she's out of luck for shipping. She agreed to whatever amount when she bid and won. She can leave negative and of course, you can't reciprocate. So, take the neg and leave a factual comment about it. Not much else you can do, other than ask ebay to remove it.

And, you don't know what she bid. She could have put in $60, but no one else bid above $5, so she won for $6.

JTsMom
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
This is why I won't sell internationally. It's just not worth the headaches for the piddly stuff I sell. I ship everything from home with my trusty $15 scale- the mailman even picks it up for me.

frgsnlzrds
04-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I used my scale and got a quote from usps.com. I thought that shipping first class didn't give you a delivery confirmation, which is why I gave her priority. After the first nasty email she sent me, I told her I would go to the post office today for a lower quote and get back to her, but she left me another nasty email this morning. I reported her for feedback extortion. I feel bad, but she never even gave me a chance, and she didn't even read the instructions in my listing. Any negative feedback should be removed.

I have also decided never to ship internationally again. Well, maybe Canada. They're nice. :-)

chessie
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Ugh...I hate international buyers who just bid/or buy-it-now and THEN ask about the shipping price. At the bottom on the summary page (I think), there's a resolution center link. As a seller, you can cancel the auction, and when you cancel, you can choose the reason as the buyer requested you to ship to an "unconfirmed address" (since that's likely true if she's from out of country). She won't be able to dispute that. By doing this, you should get your final fees back from ebay. This is my understanding, but you can check with ebay. If I were you, I would probably not sell the item to this buyer because she just doesn't seem very nice. There's no guarantee that after all your troubles, she still won't leave you negative feedback just because she feels like it. However, if the auction is cancelled, you can easily argue that she never paid even if she leaves you feedback and ebay is more likely to side with you with regard to taking out her feedback on your profile.