PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for disney

hillview
04-29-2009, 08:40 AM
I am taking my 2 boys (21 months and almost 4) to disney with my mom and grandma. I am not sure if I need to take 1 or 2 strollers.

Our plans
Day 1
Drive from Ft Lauderdale and arrive Disney hopefully around 11 am.
I take DS #1 to Magic Kingdom and my mom / grandma hang at pool at the Grand Flordian with DS#2. I will stay at the MK til DS poops out (his bed time is usually 8 but I am totally playing it by ear).

Day 2
We all go to the Animal Kingdom to do the drive and we think around noon DS #2 and my mom and grandma will head back to the pool. I will stay with DS #1 at the AK til he poops out.

Day 3
DS #1 picks which park he wants to go back to (I am assuming MK) and we stay til 5 pm or so -- they we all drive back to Ft Lauderdale. My mom, DS #2 and grandma spend this day poolside with a cabana.

Thoughts? I could pack my Quinny Zapp and take my Zooper Waltz to gate check.

WWYD?
TIA!
/hillary

Momof3Labs
04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Your DS1 will poop out a lot faster without a stroller. I'd bring two strollers.

I'd reconsider leaving your DS2 out of all the park time. I guarantee you that he'll enjoy being in the parks with you more than hanging out by the pool or in a cabana - both of my boys LOVED Disney at 2yo!

fivi2
04-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Since you'll have a car, you could run in a Target or Walmart and pick up a cheap umbrella stroller. This is what we did to avoid lugging our double through the airport. So, if oyu only need one for the airport you could buy the other in FL. It was about $12 and well worth it for us.

bubbaray
04-30-2009, 11:30 PM
definitely 2 strollers and take your DS#2 -- my DD#2 LOVED Disney. We just got back last night and DH and I are both surprised at how much she loved it.

hillview
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Just back from fab trip. Took two strollers THANK GOODNESS. DS #2 loved some of the rides AND just looking at everything. He also loved the characters.
THANKS!
/hillary

julierobin
05-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Two strollers for sure! We bought two MAC Volos specifically for the trip and never regretted it once. It was WELL worth it to have two strollers with us (kids ages 3 and 5). I think kids under 2 get in free, so consider taking young one, too. It is a gret place for people of all ages. Having two strollers was a blessing.