PDA

View Full Version : FP Rainforest line discontinued?

Peanut09
04-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Hello, my mom-in-law just called me from Babies 'R Us to tell me that a salesperson told her that the Rainforest line has been discontinued. There is a new line with Planets, but since it is so new, I am hoping that there are some parents out there who can vouch for the new line. I'm lucky enough to have a shower planned for May 2, so I am hoping to get some feedback in time to switch some things around on my registry.

Specifically, I would be looking to replace the Rainforest Jumperoo, Healthy Care High Chair and Peek A Boo Leaves Musical Mobile.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Deb
due with baby #1 on 6/27/09
:waving4:

vonfirmath
04-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Sounds right to me. its about time to discontinue the previous line in liew of the new.

Snow mom
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
The new line is called Precious Planet. I kind of like how it looks, but have all Rainforest stuff so can't comment on it's quality.

clc053103
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
FP typically just changes the pattern but the general design stays the same. So likely, you could get exactly what you chose in rainforest with the new precious planet theme.

lorinick
04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
It is disc. for a while now and the stuff is the same with just another pattern which is PP instead of the RF. As long as you like the pattern you'll still like the item.

BuffMel
04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I think the Rainforest looks better than the PP. Rainforest is still online on BRU and Buy Buy Baby...so I don't know for sure it's completely discontinued.

SMNS
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I was able to get the rainforest high chair last week at my BuyBuyBaby. They seemed to have quite a few. It was more expensive that the PPl high chair. I like the look of the PP, but comparing the two high chairs, it was no question that I would go with the rainforest. The main differences...rainforest has easily removable straps, a better toy (not as important) and a WIPEABLE seat. The PP says its wipeable, but reviews at amazon and the like were not so thrilled with this.