PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to a Jim Weiss storytelling event?

Alys the Cat
04-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I know quite a few of the BBB mamas recommend Jim Weiss' storytelling CDs. (That's how I found out about him!) I'm wondering if anyone has seen him live and has particular stories they would recommend.

My employer is hosting him for a storytelling event later this year, so I'm looking for help with planning the program.

Thanks!
Christine

brittone2
04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Have never seen him IRL, but we like his CDs.

DS has a sleep one...Goodnight I think? and Uncle Wiggly. Those are two we started with. Uncle Wiggly is probably nice for a variety of ages (more tame than some others).

We also have the Shakespeare one w/ Taming of the Shrew and A Midsummer Night's Dream, Robin Hood/3 Musketeers, and King Arthur. Those are obviously all more geared toward kids that are a bit older (DS is 5 and is into these now).

We also have Story of the World which is narrated by Weiss, but not what you'd be looking for for this particular event.

I'd love to know how this event goes...sounds like fun :)

Alys the Cat
04-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks, Beth. We have King Arthur, Greek Myths, and Galileo and the Stargazers -- all great. I'm thinking we have to target younger audiences for this program, though.

Our community is very culturally diverse, so maybe something based on Tales from Cultures Far and Near? Maybe I'll get a copy of Uncle Wiggly, too.

I was hoping someone had seen him live, so I could get a better sense of his strengths in a performance environment. We love the CDs, but I'm not sure what his shows are like.