PDA

View Full Version : microsoft money

hellokitty1
04-29-2009, 02:20 PM
anyone use MS Money? i havbeen using it for years but my last upgrade was to the 2006 version. my bank is about to stop supporting this old version. any ideas on best (cheapest) place to buy the latest version?

tia.

vonfirmath
04-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, it is only available for purchase and download online. It isn't sold in the traditional format at all anymore. I recently discovered this when trying to upgrade my (also 2006) version of Money. I haven't figured out what I am going to do yet.

clc053103
04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I got a new laptop, a friend bought me Money Plus from the microsoft company store. It was like $19.99- great deal- until I opened it and installed it and discovered that the 18 months of "free online services" expired a few months before its purchase. Nice! I eventually gave up and purchased on line upgrade for $29.99 I believe. Honestly, I like the older versions (I used to have 99) better- this one keeps messing up my matches- like if I record a bill as paid but pay it electronically on my bank's web site, it doesn't ask me for the match, it just reenters it. I had a LOONG back and forth exchange with a microsoft customer service rep which got me nowhere.

vonfirmath
04-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I no longer let it do matches. When I download from the bank, they just aren't similar enough for Money to notice!

hellokitty1
04-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately, it is only available for purchase and download online. It isn't sold in the traditional format at all anymore. I recently discovered this when trying to upgrade my (also 2006) version of Money. I haven't figured out what I am going to do yet.

vonfirmath-
i dug around some more and saw that within my 2006 software, it said that my online services would be expiring in sept 08 (yes, it is april 09 now) and to upgrade. there was a link directly in Money and i was able to upgrade to the Plus version for 29.99. i did not get a backup cd for another 9.99 as i'll just burn the .exe file to a cd myself. if you go to the microsoft site directly, Plus is available for 39.99 and it doesn't include ths cd. i'm not on the same laptop as the one that i have money installed so i can't send you the link at the moment but let me know if you want it and i'll update the post later.

I got a new laptop, a friend bought me Money Plus from the microsoft company store. It was like $19.99- great deal- until I opened it and installed it and discovered that the 18 months of "free online services" expired a few months before its purchase. Nice! I eventually gave up and purchased on line upgrade for $29.99 I believe. Honestly, I like the older versions (I used to have 99) better- this one keeps messing up my matches- like if I record a bill as paid but pay it electronically on my bank's web site, it doesn't ask me for the match, it just reenters it. I had a LOONG back and forth exchange with a microsoft customer service rep which got me nowhere.

the one thing i'm not clear on is whether the online capability is from Money or from the bank. when i go online to my bank's site, i can download activity for a number of software programs so i'm wondering if the capabilty in money is a moot point. the only reason i upgraded is bc my babk isn't supportimg 2006 any longer; not bc money won't do it anymore. interesting...