PDA

View Full Version : snow cone syrups

Tondi G
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
where can I get some in a store? Do grocery stores carry it?

I found a place that sells it by the gallon... I would rather buy the quart size ones so we can have more of a variety of flavors for the machine we are renting for a party! They only rent it with 2 flavors.

NancyJ_redo
04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
We bought it several times at Target last summer but I don't know if they have it out yet.

Tondi G
04-29-2009, 06:21 PM
We bought it several times at Target last summer but I don't know if they have it out yet.

Cool thanks! I will check target!

NancyJ_redo
04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
And btw, they had a good variety of really yummy flavors, and they were in small-ish bottles (like the size of a personal water bottle).

wencit
04-29-2009, 07:21 PM
I was just at Target this afternoon (and on Sunday) and saw them out both days. :)

tylersmama
04-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Yep, I was going to say Target, too. Oddly enough, it's been out all winter at ours!

DebbieJ
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Yep, we buy ours at Target.

Tondi G
04-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks a bunch everyone! I appreciate it... and the reviews that they are yummy too! I guess I will tell the company to just send me the 2 flavors the kids voted on ... cherry and watermelon and I can pick up a few bottles of other colors/flavor to make them more fun and festive!

pastrygirl
04-30-2009, 08:15 AM
OK, snow cones/slushies have been one of my ongoing cravings this pregnancy. Are snow cone machines worth it? I remember the hand-crank ones from when I was a kid, and they were so hard to use!

fortato
04-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Does your supermarket carry "Zarex"? It's usually on the bottom shelf of the section where Kool-Aid mixes are.
I don't know if it's a New England thing or not... but we always had it in the house (pure HFCS...) and we would mix it with club soda...or drink it straight when my mom wasn't home.

Of course- we also used to eat scoops of Country Time Lemonade powder too... Talk about good childhood nutrition.

maylips
04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
OK, snow cones/slushies have been one of my ongoing cravings this pregnancy. Are snow cone machines worth it? I remember the hand-crank ones from when I was a kid, and they were so hard to use!

I don't know if Pampered Chef sells them anymore, but they used to (and may still do) have an ice shaver machine that is very simple to use and can make a one-off snow cone for you, if you can get the syrup. Go to their website and see - I noticed you have 4 months to go and it would be worth it! Plus they have some yummy (more healthy) recipes to use with that machine.

DebbieJ
04-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't know if Pampered Chef sells them anymore, but they used to (and may still do) have an ice shaver machine that is very simple to use and can make a one-off snow cone for you, if you can get the syrup. Go to their website and see - I noticed you have 4 months to go and it would be worth it! Plus they have some yummy (more healthy) recipes to use with that machine.

It's no longer in the catalog. I have one and I love it! You can often find them at thrift stores and garage sales!

NancyJ_redo
04-30-2009, 02:27 PM

We bought an inexpensive one ($20?) from Target last summer for my boys, but I was pregnant at the time also and we all LOVED it. It more than paid for itself. I can't wait to break it out for this summer. So you know my vote - go get one!

Oh, and it was very easy to use. Incredibly easy.