PDA

View Full Version : mac quest versus the mac xt? has anyone owned both?

chozen
04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
i think i know what is different between the two but why does it seem that quest gets better reviews? has anyone ever owned both of these? i think i would rather have xt because of larger sunshade & adj. handles , but i was just wondering why you hear more good about the quest, does xt handle as good as quest? thanks

mom2acrew
04-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I go back forth myself on this one, I've had both, sold the Quest, kept the Techno now miss the Quest. The Techno is just too tall for me but I am only 5'2" I have hung onto it thinking it would last us longer. I am now in the market for a Quest. The other issue I see come up is price. The Quest is the most bang for the buck unless you are going for a stroller to be used from birth. Although I admit my DS rode at times in the Quest from birth, it isn't as reclined as the infant car seat so we had no issues.

Currently an 07 Quest can be found for $105-160 on ebay...some include warranties.

chozen
04-30-2009, 12:42 PM
other then the xt being to tall for you do you think the xt is a better pick than quest?

codex57
04-30-2009, 01:49 PM
The techno's weight means it plays in the full featured stroller class. That's pretty tough competition.

In the Quest weight range, there's not much so if you want something that light, it's pretty much the best choice.

At the Techno XT's weight, I'd rather get a BJCM or P3/Zippy. It basically gets smoked.

chozen
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
and can get the 2008 xt for $220.00 do you know if zippy is in that price range? and does zippy fold as compact as mac? and i also tried a inglesina trip and hit the back of stroller with by feet, is this the same footprint as zippy? i am 5'11. the closest place for me to try any of these is 3 1/2 hrs.away, so i really am greatful for your help.

codex57
04-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Is there a BRUS near you? Check out the P3. Nearly identical to the Zippy.

Zippy has a different footprint than a Trip. Pretty different. Trip and Macs are very, very similar. Zippy is a totally different animal. The 2009 model has adjustable handles so a taller person should be more comfortable with it, but you really gotta try it cuz different people have different strides. I don't think you're gonna find a newer one for close to $220 though. Maybe a 2008 but I'm not sure and a 2008 doesn't have adjustable handles.

However, a P3 should come to around that price for a 2008 model. I haven't heard anyone kick a P3. Fold isn't quite as good, but very close.

The Zippy/P3 folds quite differently than a Mac. They fold so they stand up. Take up more room, but you can wheel them around like luggage. Great cuz they don't get dirty as much, particularly in rainy/muddy/snowy conditions. Or scratched.

I don't have as extensive experience with a P3, but a Zippy is VERY stable. You can hang all sorts of stuff on it. It can carry a ton of weight off the handles and stuff. If you've got the slightest thing hanging on a Mac and you take your kid out of the seat, that Mac is going down. Even if the kid is in there, if it's too much weight, your kid's gonna eat dirt (I learned that the hard way on SIL's Techno). Well, concrete cuz the Mac's really only good on indoor surfaces while the others can handle light offroad.

So, yeah, the XT takes up less room when folded up than the BJCM/Zippy/P3, but that's just about all the good I can say about it. Well, I think the weight limit is higher than the other 3 so if you have a real heavy kid, it's something to consider (I don't care much cuz most kids won't ride in a stroller by the time they're 55 lbs).