PDA

View Full Version : Is there already a Father's Day gift thread this year?

swampnurse
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I usually get great ideas from this board, so I'm hoping someone has some original ideas for Father's Day gifts again.

sunriseiz
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't have any good ideas, but I am hoping someone else does. :) I am planning to try to do "Daddy" pictures again, but I have to figure out the arrangement again with our new little one!

jerigirl
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't have any good ideas, but I am hoping someone else does. :) I am planning to try to do "Daddy" pictures again, but I have to figure out the arrangement again with our new little one!

Question about the "DADDY" pics, last yr was the first time that I did them- do you use the same frame and just take new pics every yr?

cdlamis
05-01-2009, 02:39 PM
A lot of us here kept the 1st picture and replaced the next 4 with the current pics. The next year, we replaced the last 3, and so on. After 5 yrs, you will have a montage of all 5 years. This is what I have done and it is so neat to look back at all the years.

jerigirl
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I like that idea!!! How fun! DH has his frame up at his office. I will have to ask him to bring it home. Guess that won't be much of a suprise then.

brittone2
05-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Probably updated Daddy pics (I haven't done any since DD was born. I have my originals from when we only had DS).

This one is higher budget, but last year for Father's Day we went together as a family (my siblings and their families included) and rented my dad a Mustang Convertible for a long weekend. He used to own a 65 back when I was in middle/high school, and I know he'd love to have another "fun" car like that. We made a CD to go with it with a bunch of music from his era (and lots of songs like Radar Love, Mustang Sally, Go Mustang, etc.) to go with it. He had a great time, and it was nice to have a clutter-less gift...it was a great memory for him. I am one of 5 though, so the overall cost wasn't too bad since there are quite a few of us dividing up the total amount.

BabyMine
05-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I was thinking of doing the pictures on the M&m's

http://www.mymms.com/customprint_faces/custom_selector.asp?PhotoChoiceIs=2&optionchoice=LM&src=112489&sc_cid=C_L1_FZ_P05_MT9J0P05CL1FZ111

other than that I am clueless

or

jones soda

http://www.jonessoda.com/

bubbaray
05-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Might do updated Daddy pics.

Or a big a$$ lump of coal. Depends on how Mother's Day goes. He's got my wish list at the Coach store, which is walking distance from his office. I'd better get something good!

Jen841
05-02-2009, 01:18 PM
We are going to Chicago right before Father's Day, so maybe he'll get gifts early for his favorite haunts there.

We are buying him Forest Faces of his favorite teams. My kids are obsessed with the one we have and would get a kick out of seeing their fav teams on our back trees.

I am going to get some baseball tickets. Not sure if they will be Major League or Minor League, we have better access to the minor league and the kids love going.

The rough part is DH and DS #1 have a bday at the end of May, My bday is the week of Father's Day and then of course Father's Day, pre-camp vacation... all around the same time at the end of the school year and camp starting... lots of money and need to be careful!

jgenie
05-13-2009, 01:08 PM
If you're thinking about doing this, but afraid you won't have time to paint the letters, I found colorful foam letters at Michael's for the same price as the wood letters. If I can find a red Y, I'm going to use those.

Radosti
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm kind of obligated to do the daddy pics since DH has 3 years worth in the frame already. I have two frames, one that's in his office and one for the new pics. He hangs up the new one for a while, then combines the two, so he'll leave DAD and replace the DY this year. Then he brings the empty frame home for the following year.

KrisM
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm doing a new Daddy picture. I did them 4 years ago and then again 2 years ago. I think I'll do DAD and have a group shot of the kids. His is an 8 x 10.

We're also getting him a bike so he can ride with us. Right now, he'll ride my bike or if we all go out, he jogs with 2 kids in the stroller. DS can be in the trailer soon, so that will be fun.

I might also make him a gift certificate for a trip to his favorite music store. He hasn't been there in a couple of years.