PDA

View Full Version : Single Stroller Connectors

SarahMBW
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone ever used stroller connectors for 2 single strollers? If so, how did you like them? I have been having trouble finding a stroller that is compatible with the 2 Chicco infant seats I have for my twins and thought I might just try connecting 2 single Snap-n-Go frames together. (The current model double Snap-n-Go frame won't work with Chicco infant seats.)

Momof3Labs
05-01-2009, 08:52 AM
I've never heard great things about them as a long-term solution, but maybe it would work for you. A couple of things to think about: how wide is the resulting stroller? If you can't fit through doorways, you'll get frustrated to no end. And don't you have to take them back apart to fold the strollers, then reconnect them every time you take the strollers out?

How about exchanging your infant seats for Gracos? Using a single SNG and carrying one twin in a sling? Using a double like the BJCMD and just take the babies out of their car seats?

Have you tried the current double SNG with the Chicco seats? Maybe they work, just not officially. Actually, I thought that there was a post not too long ago on the multiples board about that... ETA one of those posts - you can search to see if there are more:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=309581

SarahMBW
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I am pretty sure the resulting stroller will be too wide for a standard door but I figured it shouldn't be a problem to use when going to the grocery store or Target since they have double opening doors. We set 2 strollers about 6 inches apart when at BRU and compared to a SBS stroller they had and it was a little wider.

The reason I am so set on the Chicco infant seats is because I already had one and a friend loaned hers to me to use. It is a matter of $$. I am hoping that we will be able to save for a BJCMD by the end of the summer, but for now, it isn't in the budget.

I emailed CO Mom123 and she sent me a pic of how the seats fit in the newest double SNG and we even went to BRU to try it but it wasn't a fit I was comfortable with. I had hoped that I might find the old version used but no such luck yet.

Thank you for your feedback. They were all good things to think about.

AJP
05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi Sarah, Did you try craigslist for one of the older SNG's? The one my chicco's fit into was the navy blue one. If you are near Boston, I have one I am hoping to unload for a reasonable amount lol. How about checking out your local mother of multiples club...these types of things are always sold at their sales. Also, be sure to check out your craigslist for a gently used BJCMD when the time comes. We love ours.
Good luck!
AJ

SarahMBW
05-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I have been keeping my eye out on the local postings on Craigslist. My only hope is a woman that is selling a double SNG with a bunch of other items. I have asked her to check to see if it is the older model. If it is, then I need to see if she'd sell it without the 2 car seats and bases she has it posted with. (Unfortunately I am in MN or I would GLADLY take the one you have off of your hands.)

I belong to the local MOMs club and we just had our spring sale. I got lots of great things, but no stroller or stroller frame. I am going to have to look into the BJCMD a little bit more. I am hearing from more and more MOMs that it is a great stroller. The only possible drawback would be getting it to fit in the minivan. (I am learning that while it has a lot of passenger space, the back end doesn't hold much of anything.)

Any tips that I can get from moms with twins are appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

AJP
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
I know this is kind of late, but the bjcm has a nice flat fold. I can easilly fit it behind my 3rd row of seats in my suv. My suv is a larger one, but with the 3rd row in I only have like 8" of cargo space from the door to the seat-back. While the fold doesn't reduce the width of the stroller, it is still nice and flat. Good luck!

hobie
07-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I really wouldn't suggest using a stroller connector w/ 2 single strollers. The resulting stroller is really wide, and hard to stear. Instead I'd get a nice baby carrier, like beco or pikkolo (not a bjorn!!!), and push the other baby if necessary (it is possible to wear both babies in a wrap, like moby).