PDA

View Full Version : And today's spider is . . .

trales
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
A two inch long, male fishing spider. He is currently residing under a tupperware in the kitchen, while I breath slowly and my blood pressure returns to normal.

Ahh, spring.

mommylamb
04-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Ok, clearly my knowledge of spiders is lacking. How do you know it's male? Is that a dangerous spider? If not, just think how many misqueetos (sp?) it could eat!

trales
04-30-2009, 02:50 PM
No dangerous. Just big and hairy. They also jump. The markings are what tells you if they are male or female.

elizabethkott
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
So sorry!!!!!

shawnandangel
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
ewwwww ewwwww ewwwwww ::::Girly scream:::::

and really, seriously, I just got shivers. I hate spiders.

edit: Oh my. I googled that spider and . . . oh my. If I saw that spider in my house I would probably have a heart attack.

mamaoftwins
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
A two inch long, male fishing spider. He is currently residing under a tupperware in the kitchen, while I breath slowly and my blood pressure returns to normal.

Ahh, spring.

I caught one of these several years ago in my kitchen also under a tupperware. I called DH (who was my BF at the time) to come over and take care of it, because I could not. Too scared. He came over, slid a piece of cardboard under the tupperware and picked it up. The spider was curled into a ball, so DH says "I think it's dead", and lifts the tupperware a bit. That spider lept up and hit the tupperware and scared the crap out of both of us. I still get the shivers when I think of it. Yuck.

Good luck!

JTsMom
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
:eek: Yikes! As soon as we venture into the hairy (shudder) territory, I'm scared.

MontrealMum
04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Jumping is bad enough...hairy...I'd be passed out right now if I were you. Eeek!

niccig
04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
That's one thing I am not afraid of. I grew up in the tropics, so spiders get pretty darn big. They freak DH out when we visit family. Yes, I know the spider on the verandah was big and hairy and did I know it was poisonous before I took off my shoe and smushed it? Well, I know it's not the REALLY poisonous kind, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't in any danger when I took cae of it...ever since then, I'm the one that deals with all spiders in the house...

almostamom
04-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Ewwwwwwwwww!! Now that you've hit your target heart rate for the day, you can skip going to the gym!!

When DH and I were first married, there was a big hairy spider in the master bedroom. I don't do bugs. Any bugs. That's why I have a husband. I called him at work to come home and kill it. He said no. When I couldn't get it with the vacuum cleaner (the darn thing was fast), I threw bleach on it. Then we had to get new carpet.

Linda

elektra
04-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't do hairy when it comes to spiders. Gah!
My girlfriend who lives in Boston just told me that she dug a tick out of her son's head yesterday. I think I'll stick to CA (away from the desert) thank you very much!

Twoboos
04-30-2009, 03:55 PM
My girlfriend who lives in Boston just told me that she dug a tick out of her son's head yesterday.

UGH!! I hate ticks so very very much!!! At least you can squish most spiders and they don't specifically try to eat you!! You can't squish a tick. YUCK!!!

ETA- great, THAT was my 1000th post?!!? :)

MontrealMum
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
When DH and I were first married, there was a big hairy spider in the master bedroom. I don't do bugs. Any bugs. That's why I have a husband. I called him at work to come home and kill it. He said no. When I couldn't get it with the vacuum cleaner (the darn thing was fast), I threw bleach on it. Then we had to get new carpet.

Linda

:hysterical:

Nicci - you're welcome to visit any time for the express purpose of dealing with the bugs at our house ;)

hellokitty
04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Can I send my boys to your place? My 3.5 yr old is esp fascinated by spiders (although when he actually finds a real one he squeals like a girl) and I have actually had to hide a nature book with have that is full of big hairy spiders, b/c it makes me squeamish to have to read it to him. I was just telling my DH yesterday about how weird it is that all of the spiders have come out of hiding in the past wk. I've killed three of them already and they were upstairs, which is odd, b/c usually we don't have spiders upstairs...

Momof3Labs
04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
DS1 is a huge bug fan, and would love to see your big hairy spider! I'm not allowed to kill spiders here (well, in front of him), and know far more about spiders than I ever wanted to from all of his research. Did you know that when they grow, they molt their old exoskeleton? So all those dead, curled up spiders in your basement or crawlspace may very well be old exoskeletons, and the bigger spiders are still running around your house. He even made me crochet a huge, hairy spider for him, and when I finally finished it, I was criticized for following the pattern, which gave the spider 3 body segments. Spiders only have two. Oy...

mommylamb
04-30-2009, 04:38 PM
No dangerous. Just big and hairy. They also jump. The markings are what tells you if they are male or female.

I'm not afraid of spiders (my parents actually own a tarantula. It's pretty boring, barely moves), but the jumping thing would freak me out.

maestramommy
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Screeeeeeeeeeammmmm!

Can you tell I'm arachniphobic? :D

ETA: Just googled. Ack! How do you get rid of something that big?? I'd be afraid to step on it, assuming I could get to it fast enough! I'd probably try something stupid like grabbing it with my cooking tongs!

hellokitty
04-30-2009, 06:19 PM
DS1 is a huge bug fan, and would love to see your big hairy spider! I'm not allowed to kill spiders here (well, in front of him), and know far more about spiders than I ever wanted to from all of his research. Did you know that when they grow, they molt their old exoskeleton? So all those dead, curled up spiders in your basement or crawlspace may very well be old exoskeletons, and the bigger spiders are still running around your house. He even made me crochet a huge, hairy spider for him, and when I finally finished it, I was criticized for following the pattern, which gave the spider 3 body segments. Spiders only have two. Oy...

Ewww, I forgot about the molting. I don't like the thought that there are even, bigger, badder spiders down there. My 3 yr old told me he wants to get a pet tarantula and I told him that it's not going to happen. It figures that as someone who doesn't like bugs, I end up with kids who are totally obsessed with them. They actually had my DH catch one of those scary looking centipedes in a jar for them, those things make me SCREAM and jump on a chair!

niccig
04-30-2009, 07:04 PM

Molting...I didn't know that. Yukky

And sure, I'll come take care of spiders for you. Our playgroup was hosting a baby shower and some of the mums were moving a table and umbrella, and there was a little spider. I came outside when I heard the squealing. I squished it with my finger (it was a really really little spider), and now all the playgroup think I'm Crocodile Hunter Mum. And when someone hosts playdates and there's a spider, they get me to take care of it...one friend had me do the cobwebs as that grosses her out...it's just a web, no spider...

shawnandangel
04-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Ewwwwwwwwww!! Now that you've hit your target heart rate for the day, you can skip going to the gym!!

Linda

That's hilarious! DH would KILL me if I did something like that. He's still angry about me spraying Lysol on the bathroom door handle. . .(it ran down onto the door itself and bleached the wood. Ooops)

hbridge
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
A two inch long, male fishing spider. He is currently residing under a tupperware in the kitchen

I'm generally okay with spiders, BUT DC will tell you all about the mouse that mommy trapped under a bucket on the kitchen floor and then called Grandpa to come over (30 minute drive each way) and take it outside. Of course Mommy didn't want DC to know what was happening, but Grandpa had to show it off once the bucket was safely outside. Now it's that "cute mouse that was in the kitchen" ARG...

I feel your pain...

trales
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
ETA: Just googled. Ack! How do you get rid of something that big?? I'd be afraid to step on it, assuming I could get to it fast enough! I'd probably try something stupid like grabbing it with my cooking tongs!

I did the tupperware and cardboard and put it outside. This was not the biggest one. A few years ago we had a 4 incher. You can't squish them, b/c, well they ooze and act like a mouse if you stepped on it.

The molting freaks me out.

Corie
04-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Spiders don't really freak me out. In fact, I make a game out of it
and now my 2 kids actually fight over who gets to catch the spider.

My son missed catching the spider one time and the spider started crawling up his arm.
He got a little nervous but I started laughing and said, "Why is that spider
tickeling you?" :)

MamaMolly
04-30-2009, 10:51 PM

I did the tupperware and cardboard and put it outside. This was not the biggest one. A few years ago we had a 4 incher. You can't squish them, b/c, well they ooze and act like a mouse if you stepped on it.

The molting freaks me out.

This thread has me freaked out :47: that thump is me FAINTING!!!! :eek: going to my happy place and pulling the covers over my head now.......

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-01-2009, 01:15 AM
And I thought the spiders we got around here were bad. YIKES!

Happy place? I agree. I'm reminded why I happily pay for our exterminator.

kransden
05-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Not something I would love to see! We just have the pretty black widows here.

gatorsmom
05-01-2009, 01:48 AM
ICK!!!!!! After the wolf spider crawling down your back the other day, I think I'd be permanently scarred.

I know that spiders are good and eat other yucky bugs but they give me the heebee jeebees. Spiders and cockroaches. But especially cockroaches. They just look sneaky and evil.

I would much, much, prefer to pick ticks off my kids' heads (and I expect I'll be doing that again soon) than see a spider bigger than an inch.

Niccig, you are welcome to my house anyday. You would be the hero here!

ETA: I remember someone posted here a long time ago that when she was living in Taiwan there was a certain type of spider that they could actually HEAR crawling across their floor at night. That's when I call the exterminator to bring in the big chemicals!!!!!

niccig
05-01-2009, 03:45 AM
ETA: I remember someone posted here a long time ago that when she was living in Taiwan there was a certain type of spider that they could actually HEAR crawling across their floor at night. That's when I call the exterminator to bring in the big chemicals!!!!!

Now that is a spider I would not want to deal with. I don't have a problem with them when they're under a certain size...but hearing it move...now I have the heebee jeeebees...so I offer to take care of spiders for people, but not in Taiwan..

shawnandangel
05-01-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm never going to Taiwan. Ever.

JTsMom
05-01-2009, 08:46 AM
WHY did I keep reading this thread?!?!? Spiders you can't step on?!? Spiders you can hear?!?!? I'll be in my happy place too.

Moneypenny
05-01-2009, 10:08 AM

Oh, good heavens. I actually got goose bumps when I read that, and I don't mind spiders one bit.

hellokitty
05-01-2009, 12:05 PM

Don't go to Taiwan if you are scared of bugs (or lizards, there are geckos everywhere, even inside your home). I still remember the time I went to an amusement park at Taiwan, this 2.5 ft BLUE centipede that had a body WIDTH of at least 2 inches came out. These guys started throwing bricks directly on it to kill it... but it wouldn't die!!!! It must have had an exo-skeleton made out of titanium or something! I had a bad spider exp there too, b/c while taking a bath, there was a black widow in the bathroom. My grandfather heard me screaming and ran in and sprayed the hell out of it. The bugs there are HUGE, b/c it's tropical. Now I know why my parents think that the bugs here in America are not a big deal...

maestramommy
05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Don't go to Taiwan if you are scared of bugs (or lizards, there are geckos everywhere, even inside your home). I still remember the time I went to an amusement park at Taiwan, this 2.5 ft BLUE centipede that had a body WIDTH of at least 2 inches came out. These guys started throwing bricks directly on it to kill it... but it wouldn't die!!!! It must have had an exo-skeleton made out of titanium or something! I had a bad spider exp there too, b/c while taking a bath, there was a black widow in the bathroom. My grandfather heard me screaming and ran in and sprayed the hell out of it. The bugs there are HUGE, b/c it's tropical. Now I know why my parents think that the bugs here in America are not a big deal...

And this is one of the reasons I can't live there, though there are many things I love about it. One of my friends got bitten in the middle of the night by a centipede (MUCH smaller) when he was in the army, and he had to get a vax for it right away.

niccig
05-01-2009, 01:40 PM
The bugs there are HUGE, b/c it's tropical. Now I know why my parents think that the bugs here in America are not a big deal...

I'm grew up used to seeing big bugs (but not 2 ft centipede :eek:) and seeing snakes and I know what to do when I see them. DH's main concern is when we visit my parents that DS doesn't know what to do. Heck, DH doesn't know what to do, and gets freaked out by the snake exhibit at the Crocodile Hunter's Zoo and he counts out how many of the "most venemous" are found where my parents live. It's not like you see them every day, it's rare to see a snake as they normally get out of your way before you even know they are there. We're visiting soon, and I'm talking to DS about what you do if you see a spider or a snake, - don't panic, leave it alone, move away slowly, tell a grown up. I think I need to do the same with DH, but "don't panic" won't happen with him, as my Dad has regalled DH with all his snake stories, that I think have been embellished for the American.

gatorsmom
05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm grew up used to seeing big bugs (but not 2 ft centipede :eek:) and seeing snakes and I know what to do when I see them. DH's main concern is when we visit my parents that DS doesn't know what to do. Heck, DH doesn't know what to do, and gets freaked out by the snake exhibit at the Crocodile Hunter's Zoo and he counts out how many of the "most venemous" are found where my parents live. It's not like you see them every day, it's rare to see a snake as they normally get out of your way before you even know they are there. We're visiting soon, and I'm talking to DS about what you do if you see a spider or a snake, - don't panic, leave it alone, move away slowly, tell a grown up. I think I need to do the same with DH, but "don't panic" won't happen with him, as my Dad has regalled DH with all his snake stories, that I think have been embellished for the American.

Niccig, DH and I would LOVE to visit Australia, but I have to honestly say that the wildlife scares me. I do not know how the early Australian colonists survived. A colonist's life isn't an easy one anyway, but you throw in all the poisonous critters..... you guys are from some pretty hearty stock....

hellokitty
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
And this is one of the reasons I can't live there, though there are many things I love about it. One of my friends got bitten in the middle of the night by a centipede (MUCH smaller) when he was in the army, and he had to get a vax for it right away.

OMG, I cannot imagine getting bitten by one of those things! OUCH and yikes! Taiwan is a fun place to visit, but there is no way I could live there. The bugs, the weather, how crowded it is and the air quality. Nope. I do love the food and shopping though! I am surprised my parents didn't use, "You can get bitten by a big ass centipede" stories to scare my brothers and I into doing stuff...

niccig
05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Niccig, DH and I would LOVE to visit Australia, but I have to honestly say that the wildlife scares me. I do not know how the early Australian colonists survived. A colonist's life isn't an easy one anyway, but you throw in all the poisonous critters..... you guys are from some pretty hearty stock....

I think it sounds more scary than what it is. I think it's 7 of top 10 most venomous snakes are there, BUT that doesn't mean they kill/hurt a lot of people. The most venomous in the world is in a small remote part of the country where NO ONE lives. It's been tested and can kill a lot of mice, but I don't think it's ever killed a person. I lived in one of the cities for nearly 10 years and saw a venomous snake ONCE, it was at the university where I worked and it was moving across the path into another garden bed and I was probably 50 feet away. I stopped, it moved into the garden and I took a different path. I've seen more black widows spiders here than I have seen a Red Back Spider in Australia My parents are in a more rural area, and my Dad is in a pistol shooting club, so ALL the neighbours call him if there's a snake and he takes out his shotgun and deals with it. So he has seen more than what an average person would see.

Dingoes are a wild dog, and can be dangerous - they've been cases since Azaria Chamberlain of a dingo biting a person, but it's VERY rare and most seem to happen when people try to feed the dingo and dingoes get less timid of people. They're not in all parts of the country..you have to go to certain national parks to see any dingoes at all. In our neighbourhood here, I often see coyotes after dark in our street.

No other widlife is dangerous - Kangaroos aren't, neither are Koalas or the Platypus. The chances of running into one of the dangerous ones is very very slim. I think people get into trouble when they don't know how to behave around the animal...I mean, you don't try to feed a wild dog!

So go visit, don't let the animal scare you away...go to the Crocodile Hunter Zoo. You can see the crocs, and the snakes in their enclosures. And then you get to go pat a koala or a kangaroo.

vejemom
05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
DH is from Southeast Asia and loves to regal us with stories of the poisonous snake run-ins they had when he was a kid. Like the time the gardener came in to tell his parents that his grandmother was asleep in her rocking chair on the veranda. The problem? There was a VIPER dozing under her chair! Or the time that they were at a variety show and a giant Burmese python got loose into the audience.

I'm not scared of much, but roaches freak me out. When I was single, my father once drove 30 minutes each way to calm me down after a woodroach sighting in my new townhouse. UGH!

bubbaray
05-01-2009, 10:41 PM
WHY did I keep reading this thread?!?!? Spiders you can't step on?!? Spiders you can hear?!?!? I'll be in my happy place too.

:yeahthat: And no, I'm never going to Taiwan. I like my happy place better.

Tracy, have you tried chestnuts? If you leave whole chestnuts around the house it helps keep the spiders away -- people here swear by this. Not sure how you deal with that and dogs.... Then again, a lab or a Newfie could pass a chestnut no problem. Just a large round piece of kibble... LOL.

fortato
05-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok... I can handle the bear that was in our backyard last month...
but- Tracey... that spider is way too big to be from NH.
This was by my front door in October
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/kristenkotrlik/024-8.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/kristenkotrlik/021-6.jpg
I went out through the garage for 2 weeks after seeing this thing.

MamaMolly
05-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh dear. I think I might have crapped my britches...

JTsMom
05-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Holy crap!!! Kristen, seriously, I would move. Holy, holy crap! When I was in Girl Scouts, we went camping way out and the middle of nowhere, and spider just like that was under one of our cots. I thought it was fake and poked it with a stick- yeah, it was real. You have never heard screaming like the screaming in that tent! 25 years later, and I remember it like it was yesterday.

hellokitty
05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Holy crap!!! Kristen, seriously, I would move. Holy, holy crap! When I was in Girl Scouts, we went camping way out and the middle of nowhere, and spider just like that was under one of our cots. I thought it was fake and poked it with a stick- yeah, it was real. You have never heard screaming like the screaming in that tent! 25 years later, and I remember it like it was yesterday.

That was my reaction too. Speaking of which your story reminds me why I hate toy spiders (and other bugs, esp the cockroach one) so much. My kids leaving them lying all over the place and they always freak me out. Even my DH gets freaked out. My 3 yr old asked me last wk if he could have a pet tarantula and was pretty disappointed when I loudly said, "NO!"

mamaoftwins
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Kristen, forgive the language, but holy @#%&! How did you get rid of that??? I would have just lost it, I would have packed up the boys and drove away, oh my.

MistieandMichael
05-03-2009, 06:47 PM
So, I've been gone for a while...ya for being busy and traveling...but this is the first thing I read...HOLY CRAP! My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I scrolled down and saw those pictures! eeekk!

My scary and funny spider stories are kind of long...but worth it!

So, I was outside one afternoon clearing out our flower bed at the front of our house and saw this red spider with a yellow butt...it was the size of a mini van (mild exaggeration :wink2: ). I screamed bloody murder! The DH came running outside along with a couple friends he had over...then a couple neighbors also came running out of their houses to see what the heck was happening. How embarrassing! Anyway it ran up the concrete and under our siding. I started freaking out telling the DH that it was going to end up inside our house. He laughed, called me a big baby, and everyone went back inside. Well a couple days later I was in the bathroom when I hear my DH scream like a little girl. He says that he was changing his pants and saw something move. Since he's blind as a bat even with his glasses on he brought that part of his pants really close to his face to have a look....at which time the spider jumped off his pants and onto his face...making him scream like a little girl. I got to tell all off the friends that he had over the one day I freaked out all about his episode over the "little spider". YUCK!

The other time I was letting my dogs outside and this big spider came running in the door...well i jumped and leaped out the door after the dogs. YUCK! I knocked on the door until I could get the DH to come into the kitchen. (I wasn't opening that door to have it run back out at me!) He came in and I cracked the door and told him to get the raid and spray it because it had a bunch of tiny spider babies on it's back. The DH decided he wasn't going to listen and decided to try and wack it. Well that made a million tiny baby spiders "explode" off of the mama spiders back...they were all over the place. All I could do was stand out side and cover my mouth trying not to scream. He laughed the entire time he was killing the rest for me...SCARY! and SUPER EWWW!!!!

I've never had a bug spray guy come out to our house ever before...but I'm thinking of telling the DH we have to now. This whole thing has me freaked. I looked up spiders around us and there are brown recluse and black widows too! F* that! Spray Spray away mighty big guy!

wencit
05-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I am alternately fascinated and completely grossed out by this thread -- and yet, I can't seem to stay away.

fortato
05-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Kristen, forgive the language, but holy @#%&! How did you get rid of that??? I would have just lost it, I would have packed up the boys and drove away, oh my.

Actually I just left it. Well... I poked it a few times with a broomstick, and when it fell, I screamed, left the broom outside and ran in and locked the door. (because you know a spider that size can open the door...)

I found a dead spider a few days later... it had to be that one- it was HUGE and dead. I took pictures of that too.

I was too afraid to squash it, and the thought of moving did cross my mind.

gatorsmom
05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
I would love to know what kind of spider that was. It just did NOT look like something native to our country. That thing belonged in a jungle. ick.

gatorsmom
05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
He came in and I cracked the door and told him to get the raid and spray it because it had a bunch of tiny spider babies on it's back.

Oh, that just reminded me of a time I'd totally forgotten. We had just moved into a new development in the middle of nowhere in Texas. And I took our old terrier for a walk just before dark, one night. Well, the lot across from our house still didn't have a house on it and our dog loved to run in that field. So, while he was running and doing his thing, I notice a huge (think a little bigger than a half dollar), fat, spider walking lazily across the street. I call the dog and we start heading home but the dog starts walking past the spider. I was standing there looking down at it when our dog's back leg brushed past it and bumped it. That's when I saw all these nearly imperceptible babies start climbing off and going in a hundred directions. I hadn't noticed them before because they were not moving on the spiders back and were so tiny. But i nearly puked when I saw all those little spiders going everywhich way and they were fat just like their mama. I just screamed, crossed the street and ran in our house.

ETA: living in some southern state I"m sure some of you guys have seen spiders like that one before but coming from the upper midwest, I"m NOT USED to spiders that size. I"m still traumatized.

shawnandangel
05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
I am alternately fascinated and completely grossed out by this thread -- and yet, I can't seem to stay away.

:yeahthat:

Exactly what she said.

JTsMom
05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
ETA: living in some southern state I"m sure some of you guys have seen spiders like that one before but coming from the upper midwest, I"m NOT USED to spiders that size. I"m still traumatized.

Heck no! We don't have anything like that here- at least not that I know of. Palmetto bugs and bird-sized mosquitos, yes. Giant hairy spiders, no- thank goodness! The only time I've seen a spider like that outside of a zoo was in PA.

And now I'm even more freaked out, b/c if it was dead, WTH killed it?!?!?

maestramommy
05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Kristen, that thing looks like a tarantula! How big was it??

I saw my first "big" spider last night. About 1 inch, black, with yellow markings. Looked armored. It was on the carpet so I had to stomp on it 3 times to kill it. Unfortunately it left a little stain. I was feeling prickly for the rest of the night.

Oh wait. Saturday I took the girls to the playground field for a town egg hunt. We were trudging up a hill and I suddenly saw a 2 inch spider with what looked like an egg sac attached to its belly. Actually it was rather cool and if the girls hadn't been there I would've gone in for a closer look. But it just looked like it was trying to get away from all the moving feet!

Ok... I can handle the bear that was in our backyard last month...
but- Tracey... that spider is way too big to be from NH.
This was by my front door in October

I went out through the garage for 2 weeks after seeing this thing.

L'sMommy
05-05-2009, 06:11 PM
speaking of spiders, I went in my kitchen cabinet today to get out a box of pasta...well, out came this spider-type-thing. it was a couple inches long, brown with a lot of feet and long tentacles. i had to kill it and flush it, but it sent shivers up my spine. i have no idea how it ended up in my cabinet. we've been living here for a long time and i've never seen one in the cabinet!!

from the posts it sounds like a picture is posted - haven't looked at it. it will give me nightmares!!

elizabethkott
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
speaking of spiders, I went in my kitchen cabinet today to get out a box of pasta...well, out came this spider-type-thing. it was a couple inches long, brown with a lot of feet and long tentacles. i had to kill it and flush it, but it sent shivers up my spine. i have no idea how it ended up in my cabinet. we've been living here for a long time and i've never seen one in the cabinet!!

from the posts it sounds like a picture is posted - haven't looked at it. it will give me nightmares!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
THOSE are the ones I hate the MOST!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAH!!!
Must. Go. Drink. Wine. To. Kill. The. Heebiegeebies.