PDA

View Full Version : CVS Extrabucks Question - re prescriptions

alien_host
05-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I swear I never get the $1 for every 2 prescriptions. I never thought of it before because we could go 6 months without filling a r/x but this winter DD had like 6 things filled.

Do they print out when you fill the second prescription or quarterly like the savings? Do you have to get 2 r/xs at the same time?

I'm in Mass, if that makes any difference and we have insurance but I thought it was only impacted with Medicare/medicaid.

I tried searching on cvs.com and didn't find much. TIA!

deenass
05-01-2009, 09:03 AM
You need to have a CVS card and give it to them every time you fill a RX (or make a purchase at CVS). The xtra bucks accumulate and are distributed quaterly (they print out on your receipt during the redemption period).

Momof3Labs
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Do they print out when you fill the second prescription or quarterly like the savings?

They are included in your quarterly extra bucks - print in Jan, April, July and October. You do not have to get 2 scripts filled at one time to get this.

alien_host
05-01-2009, 09:51 AM
You need to have a CVS card and give it to them every time you fill a RX (or make a purchase at CVS). The xtra bucks accumulate and are distributed quaterly (they print out on your receipt during the redemption period).

yes, I do have a CVS card and present it each time I pick up the R/X.

That's interesting it comes quarterly, maybe that's why I feel like I'm not getting them/not remembering.