PDA

View Full Version : Any hand sanitizers that are pleasant to use?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
We are currently using some from Sam's that smells so strongly of alcohol. I see Bath and Body has some but they are in teeny bottles that would not last long. Any ideas for one we might actually look forward to using? Thanks! ETA- looking for waterless

pb&j
05-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I use CleanWell - I got it at Target. The active ingredient is thyme oil. It's not your typical B&BW sweet fragrance - kinda reminds me of what the kitchen smells like when I make a pork tenderloin b/c I use thyme on it. But it's not unpleasant, and definitely not alcohol-y.

malphy
05-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I use cleanwell, too. I like it so much better than the purell type and is easier on the hands.

wellyes
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I like Babyganics - http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=7109 - got it because I wasn't comfortable with keeping Purell around where the baby might reach it. Turns out it works just as well, doesn't have that alcohol smell and is actually moisturizing too. Plus it's nice that I can use it on the baby's hands without worrying about alcohol content.

MommyofAmaya
05-01-2009, 11:14 AM
We use CleanWell too, but I was considering getting some Purell in the midst of the hysteria here in Houston. I haven't found any on the shelves nearby though.

WatchingThemGrow
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I like the Purell that's moisturizing - found in the baby dept in a round container.

Tondi G
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know the name of it but there was a person using a foaming hand sanitizer at Disneyland once who gave my family each a squirt and it felt really nice going on and smelled so nice.... I need to do some research!

WatchingThemGrow
05-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh, I forgot about this one! Whisk - my best friend's family has a janitorial supply company and she gave me a couple of small bottles of this stuff http://www.whiskproducts.com/products-anti-bacterial-375.htm

It smells GREAT and feels good too! Not sure how you can get it except from their distributors, which might mean a call to the company to see who has it on their shelves. We really like it!

Kyras mom
05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Bath and Bodyworks has foaming hand cleansers with great scents. Actually, I last bought them at Christmas and they only had a couple of holiday scents (peppermint, etc.) Hopefully they didn't discontinue them.

neeleymartin
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
the nurse in the school where i work adds essential oils to the purell. it helps with the yucky smell. last time i checked she had lavender in it. much better that alcohol.

i need to check out cleanwell. sounds great.

kcandz
05-01-2009, 02:10 PM
the nurse in the school where i work adds essential oils to the purell. it helps with the yucky smell. last time i checked she had lavender in it. much better that alcohol.

what a great idea! I am going to do this.

Thatchermom
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
We use a foaming one from Vicks, it has a cucumber/mint smell.

bubbaray
05-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I like the foaming One Step one, I also use Purell. I also use surface wipes in travel pouches. Can't remember the brand, might be OneStep.

Don't hand sanitizers have to have a certain "icky" smell to be effective -- I thought they had to have a certain (very high) % of alcohol to work.

SomeoneLikeYou
05-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I like the foaming One Step one, I also use Purell. I also use surface wipes in travel pouches. Can't remember the brand, might be OneStep.

Don't hand sanitizers have to have a certain "icky" smell to be effective -- I thought they had to have a certain (very high) % of alcohol to work.

I thought I heard the same. I'm weird though, I actually like the harsh smell, makes me feel like it's working better/faster than something that smells good ;) But, then again, I looooove the smell of a bleach :)

motherofone
05-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I like the lemon scent from Eo. I get it at Whole Foods.

Snow mom
05-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Bath and Bodyworks has foaming hand cleansers with great scents. Actually, I last bought them at Christmas and they only had a couple of holiday scents (peppermint, etc.) Hopefully they didn't discontinue them.

I use the foaming hand sanitizers from Bath and Bodyworks also. They are somewhat small containers but last a while because they are basically like the foaming soap containers. I think they come in all the scents that you can get soap, etc. in.

BabyMine
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I use the Lysol foam. It isn't as "wet" feeling as purell.

kcimato
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
I haven't used this but here is one recommended by the safemama site.

http://safemama.com/2008/08/28/review-clean-george-hand-purifier/