PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

bobeNC
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm a new mom, this is only my second post since I have been able to find lots of useful info by searchin this site, but I can't find the answer to this one. I am making my own baby food and made sweet potato but when I blended it with breastmilk I noticed that there were these little white specks throughout it. The breastmilk was from the day before anf I had just baked the sweet potato so it was all fresh. Just wondering if this is OK since this did not happen with the first batch I made last week. TIA and thanks for all the great info all of you contribute!:bighand:

sste
05-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I am pretty sure that is just your breastmilk - - some of it coagulates which is what is supposed to do as there is important fat, antibodies and other things in there for your baby. In fact, I read somewhere that its better that the flecks, lumps, solid stuff in breastmilk doesn't stick to the storage container but goes into the bottle (or baby food) because alot of the immune protection is in that stuff.

newg
05-01-2009, 11:04 PM
As I warmed my bottle of milk up in a glass I would also take it out every so often and mix it a little so all the fat that settles would mix back together. Try mixing before making another batch of food and see if you notice a difference.
Also, was the temp of the sweet potatoes different between the batches.....don't know if that would make a difference with how the milk mixed in with it....