PDA

View Full Version : My DS sent home from school today...

mom2one
05-01-2009, 01:37 PM
My DS was sent home from preschool today because he has a runny nose and refused to have his temp taken by someone in the school office. So they call me and ask me to come take his temp. His class is on the playground when I get there. It is hot and humind here in TX today, so his face is all red and flushed looking from the heat (and this is how his face gets with the heat). So he won't let me take his temp with the one the school has (it is the ear kind, we don't have that one). So they ask me (very nicely and under the circumstances with the swine flu) to please take him home.

We get home and I take his temp it is 98.4. I knew if they had not been outside, I could have felt him and determined if he had a temp. He has had a fever maybe 4 times his whole life. I am so annoyed that 5 hours of time to get stuff done was taken away from me. He is so happy to be home and have his mom all to himself. What a waste of a perfectly good day. (sigh)

kedss
05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
ugh, that stinks :(

Ceepa
05-01-2009, 01:46 PM
At least DS isn't sick. My area is awash with spring colds and it is not fun.

SnuggleBuggles
05-01-2009, 01:54 PM
What a crazy overreaction, imo. Are they taking the temps of all the kids?

Beth

DrSally
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I didn't think runny nose was a sx of the flu anyway.

mom2one
05-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you for your messages of support. I think they are way over reacting also. So we will see. If anything develops from my runny nose child, I'll let all of you know.

lorinick
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
That crazy. My little guy has a runny nose and we were out shopping today. I wonder if anyone thinks he had the flu. Boy I think they are really overracting. If he did have the Swine Flu why was he outside with his class. Insane. At least he's not sick.

ett
05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the school seems to be overreacting a bit. At least your DS is not sick. There has been all kinds of illnesses going around DS1's K class. A couple of kids including DS1 (and the teacher) got Fifth's Disease, and then a whole bunch of other kids got strept. The first thing I have DS1 do when he gets home from school is to wash his hands very well and change all his clothes!

Lovingliv
05-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Yay that you got some special "Mommy/son" !!!!