PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this doesn't look like fun!!!

MMEand1
05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
There is a Muddy Buddy race that is taking place about an hour from here. It is a 6-7 mile 2-person team race. One person starts off on a bike with the other person running. You get to the first obstacle and the biker drops the bike, does the obstacle and then takes off running. When the runner gets there, s/he does the obstacle, picks up the bike and takes off. The team members continue "leap-frogging" like this until the huge mud pit at the end in which they both must cross together. I think it sounds like a BLAST!!

Unfortunately, my DH and I would have no one to watch the kids for us, so we cannot participate, HOWEVER, there is a Mini Muddy Buddy for children ages 4-13. The run a short obstacle course and then get to go through the mud pit just like the regular racers.

I asked my 2 DC if they wanted to run it and they both jumped at the chance of getting to run in a "mud race". They are so excited, so I signed them up. Even though my DH and I can't participate in the regular race, since my children are between the ages of 4-6, a parent has to accompany each child, so DH and I will get to play in the mud too!! How fun is that!?

Check out the link!
http://www.muddybuddy.com/mini.php

bubbaray
05-01-2009, 10:43 PM
My DH and his pal have done a number of "MudBuds" as they call them. They LOVE them.

I didn't know that they had a kids one. That sounds like fun. FYI, make them hose off outside. You do NOT want that stuff in your washing machine until its been hosed off multiple times. Trust me on this. LOL.

KrisM
05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
That sounds like fun! I want one here!!

StantonHyde
05-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I know I would be there--even if the kids were not interested!!!!!

tylersmama
05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
My friends won their age group in the one here a couple of years ago, and got to meet Ryan from the Bachelorette, who was handing out the awards. They were so psyched. :p

It's a ton of fun, I've had several friends do it. Unfortunately, it's always the same weekend as a triathlon I like to do.

SASM
05-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi Mariah!

That sounds like a blast! My kids and DH would be all over that (I, however, am not a mud bug...although I MIGHT convert after seeing the fun!)!! Like YOU, your kids are such an inspiration!! I am hoping to get at least my DS in a race this year...he just gets sooooo excited whenever we are training! :) I would have NEVER thought to enter him in a 5K...that is, until I read your posts! :)

Hugs!!

maestramommy
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun actually! I think Arwyn would love it, but Dora wouldn't (she's very CLEAN:p).

MMEand1
05-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and well-wishes! I will be sure to put some pictures up after we participate. I think I am more excited than the kids!!

My DD is excited that she gets another shirt to add to her collection. I cut up all my DS's shirts (about 15 or so) to make a quilt only to have my sewing machine die on me. UGH! I despise unfinished projects (but I'll save that for another post...)