PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo Bee - what color?

oreo
05-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone, I've been reading the threads re: strollers for urban dwellers with great interest. We live in a very urban setting - Shanghai - and the Bee ticks all the boxes for a stroller for our lifestyle.

So now the question is what color Bee. We have a girl, but I'm certain my husband would NOT be interested in pushing a pink stroller. So, I'm thinking something gender neutral, stylish, and not too crazy-looking.

What are your thoughts on some of these color options:

Khaki hood, khaki or black footmuff
Yellow hood, black footmuff
Blue hood, yellow footmuff
Red hood, blue or black footmuff

This seems like such a petty question, but I'm really having a hard time deciding (and cannot see them in person as I will be ordering online). Would also appreciate any feedback from Bee owners re: hood colors fading and how hard is it to keep clean, etc.

TIA!

purpelina
05-02-2009, 05:54 PM
First, I LOVE my bee and am always happy to see another person who likes it :0) Just the other day I was at pediatrician, and a guy (!) came up to me and said: "isn't this the best stroller? We have one for our baby and love it so much "

Now, colors: I'd say first look at what you like to wear when you dress :) Seriously. if you like toned down outfits, you probably want your stroller to be on a "calmer" side, and vice versa, kwim?

Khaki is a good very neutral choice. That's what I have. Dad sure wouldn't mind pushing it. And it can serve you well later if you have a boy :) it also won't clash with your outfits - no matter what you wear (all pink, or purple, or orange or black) it'll look good. If you go with khaki hood, I'd get a black footmuff, ot else it might look at bit too "military" (to my taste, plus you are having a girl)

yellow is a very nice color, but also VERY bright. Sill, if I had to choose a new bee (I bought mine second hand) I'd probably go with the yellow. Now, when I work in South End here in Boston, I sometimes see a woman with a yellow bee, well you can see her from another block, it's so bright! :) Certainly black footmuff with yellow bee.

Blue hood is nice toned down blue (not too bright, but not dark either), I'd say if you have a girl think about all pink outfits you are going to dress her up in (if you will). If you have blue canopy, yellow footmuff and pink outfits it might be a bit... not clashing, but I'd probably choose different color palette. I'd go with a black footmuff in that case, or maybe red, since you next choice is red hood and black/blue footmuff.

Red bee is also toned down, not a firetruck red, not the one that stops traffic :)

In conclusion, all my suggestions are purely subjective, and you should think about what color you like to see most. If you are not sure, I would suggest you get a black footmuff (it goes with everything) and 2 canopies in different colors. You can easily switch them, when you are tired of one or another, and if you decide later on, that you settled your choice on either one, you can sell the other.

Another suggestion: again, get two canopies, but don't get a bee footmuff, but rather something from a different company. That way you might have other color choices. Plus, bee footmuff (or "baby nest", if that's what you are thinking about) is all fleece and quite warm. Depending on your weather, you might want to consider a lighter version, say a jj cole bundle me. New colors are bright and pretty, give you extra options. I loved the aqua color of new bundle me! I would recommend getting the toddler one. It's not huge compared to the infant size, and you can use it much longer.

HTH and feel free to ask anything else about the bee :)