PDA

View Full Version : Article on my niece's death

BillK
05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm very relieved to see that she was not alone in her final moments.

http://gettysburgtimes.com/articles/2009/05/01/news/local/doc49fad746133fb184795077.txt

blisstwins
05-02-2009, 09:06 AM
This is so tragic it makes me cry, but it feels like she was guided and cared for in her passing. I hope you and her family are comforted knowing she was tended to and held during those moments and that she was cherished in life and in death.

kcimato
05-02-2009, 09:18 AM
What a wonderful and touching article. I'm sure it is comforting to know that someone who knew her and cared for her was with her .

Ceepa
05-02-2009, 09:29 AM
That's sad yet a powerful reminder of faith and peace during a time of tragedy.

nov04
05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I was so sorry to hear of your niece's tragic death. It's evident she left a big impression even at a young age. It's amazing there are so many pictures of her on her last day.

In her last moments, I *know* she took comfort in having someone there for her (as someone who has been there for a loved one recently).

ThreeofUs
05-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I am overcome with sadness, Bill, but I'm so glad your DN had these caring people with her in her passing. I hope your family finds this comforting, as well. May this give you some peace in the midst of such a tragedy.

StantonHyde
05-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Bill: I am so sorry for your family and your niece--what potential. I have been out of town for a week or so and I hesitated to respond because I was a witness to a similar incident 10 years ago--and I shudder everytime I drive by that street corner. How wonderful that someone loved and cared for her. In my situation, that was very important as well...

I was a witness to a pedestrian/car accident and was one of the first people to the girl. (I saw her waiting to cross and I thought what a cute, young, vibrant woman she was with her bouncing curls.) It was raining and cold and there were 3 people around her--one man trying to stop the head wound and me saying "it's ok, we've got you". She was lucky--had a major head injury, broken pelvis, broken leg etc but alive. The paramedics came, intubated her, and took off. The police interviewed all of us--they kept offering me a ride home--I was in worse shape than I thought.

One of the first things I did (after bawling my eyes out at home etc) was to write the family a long note about how their daughter was cared for, held, and warmed by all these people. I wanted them to know that she was not alone. I dropped it off at the nurses station. Within an hour I had a very teary and thankful phone call from the family.

Never underestimate the power of human contact.

elektra
05-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks so much for sharing. So glad the info came out about her being surrounded by caring people in her last moments here on earth. I would be so relieved too.
Take care.

daniele_ut
05-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Bill, I am so glad that your niece was cared for by someone she knew in her last moments. I'm certain that it was not a coincidence that he was there at that moment. I am keeping your family in my prayers.

octmom
05-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Bill, while I know it doesn't take away the tremendous pain of your family's loss, I'm sure you all take some comfort in knowing that your niece was with someone who cared for her in her final moments. :grouphug:

veronica
05-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I am so unbelievably saddened by the loss of your niece and have been thinking of you and your family since you first posted. The article is very touching and I hope that you and your family find comfort in knowing that your niece was guided by such a touching person as she passed. May god bless her soul.

almostamom
05-02-2009, 01:36 PM
May your family find comfort knowing that Elizabeth was in loving arms as she passed.

Linda

Tinkerbell313
05-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Bill,

I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. We drove past Mount Saint Mary's on the 26th on the way back from our weekend in Hershey, PA. Driving by, I noticed the university (I have spent my professional career working at various universities and I tend to search them out) and thought what a beautiful place to work. Now, having "met" your niece though "A day in the life of..." and reading the article in the Gettysburg Times and getting to "know" the administration at the university...it is indeed a beautiful place and your niece was such a wonderful person.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

katydid1971
05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm glad this gave you some comfort at this terrible time :hug:

AngelaS
05-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Continuing to pray for your family.

AmyZ
05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Bill,
I watched the slideshow a few days ago. I just can't get her beautiful face out of my mind. I'm so sorry for your loss. May her memory be a blessing for your family.

american_mama
05-03-2009, 12:17 AM
I agree with so many of the comments of other posters. What a touching article. Thank you for posting it because it lets me know more about your niece's impressive life, and because it re-affirms my faith in people and in God.

stefani
05-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Bill, my deepest sympathy to your niece's family. What a great young woman, and it is comforting to know that someone who knows her was with her in her last moments on earth.

She and her family are in my prayers and thoughts.

pinkmomagain
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Tears in my eyes reading this. Interesting how the President and his wife had come to know your niece....you really wonder how/why these coincidences happen. What a comfort to know that she was not alone and was being cared for in her last moments. My heart, again, goes out to your family.