PDA

View Full Version : Difference b/t Vista & Cameleon?

bw52
05-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Are there any? Pros or cons of one or the other?

We're prob getting the Vista, but since I can't find a used Vista, I realized I could get a used Cameleon for about the same price (well, a actually a little cheaper) than a new Vista. I've tried out the Vista in the store, but don't know so much about the Cameleon. Can anyone point out the differences? The only thing that worries me about the Vista is that the seat doesn't go fully upright. Is this better on the Cameleon?

Thanks! Oh, and I'm assuming the Cameleon is the one that is most like the Vista? I don't really know the diff b/t that, the Bee, and the Frog. Are these a lot different?

edurnemk
05-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I'd say you can'y go wrong with either one. I had actually decided on the Cameleon, no matter what the price. I only went to the store for the 10th time to pick the color since I wanted to see the colors again IRL... and then I saw the 2009 Vista (I had tried the 2008 and the Targo along with the Cam, but didn't like them as much), I loved it... it took me 2 hours of trying them both and picking one, and then changing my mind, but I finally got the Vista. I think I would've been just as happy with the Cam, they're both great and differ in minor issues, so it really comes down to what is important to you. The salesperson said in her opinion, it's the only bugaboo-ish stroller that mesures up to the Bugaboo quality-wise. (Well, the new Quinny Buzz that comes with a larger seat may be a good option, too)

I wrote a lengthy review of both and the reasons I chose the Vista, somewhere around november, if you search for it I'm sure it'll come up. But here's the main points:

What I like more about the Vista:
1. Separate bassinet, I thought that when I have another baby and wanted to use the bassinet on some occassions and lsometimes the toddler seat for DS1, it would be a hassle to switch fabrics on the Cam. An extra frame costs $135. Also even when my DS was using the seat, we would switch to the bassinet for late night outings or dinner at friends' houses (we walk everywhere), he'd sleep peacefully and not even know we left home.
2. User friendliness: one handed recline, the bumper bar opens from just one side.
3. The front wheels are larger and more rugged, so no need to buy a separate set of snow wheels.
4. Optional rumble seat. since we plan on having more kids, this was an atractive option.
5. The canopy is waaaaay better
6. Adjustable footrest, I don't like my son's legs dangling in the air.
7. The seat and bassinet sit higher.

What I like more about the Cam:
1. The seat comes to a FULLY upright position, and the most reclined position is flatter.
2. More suspension, so slightly smoother ride
3. Reversible handle, in addition to the reversible seat
4. The footmuff is incredible, much nicer than the bundle me I use with the Vista.
5. I think both the seat and the bassinet are longer... now that my son is 15 months old Ithink he'll outgrow the Vista seat sooner than I thought.

That's all that comes to mind now. Both are just as easy to push and turn, I absolutely love my Vista and the customer service is great. The only thing I hate is the cupholder, and it took me some time to get over the not Fully upright thing with the seat but I don't think it's such a big deal now.

Oh, and a lot of people don't like the 2 part fold, but I don't mind. I always use my Vista in rear facing so it's a 2 part fold in that mode, and it takes an extra 5 seconds to fold and put in the trunk. With the Cam it's a 2 part fold in either mode.