PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Kidkraft Kitchens

Kindra178
05-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I have read every single post on kitchens so I feel bad about starting a new one. I am choosing between the Kidkraft Retro Red kitchen for $156 dollars or one of the wood ones, like E & A or Willow. My boys are going on three and the twins are 7 months. I foresee years of use. This kitchen is most likely going to go in our kitchen, so a very prominent area of the house. Will a Kidkraft kitchen hold up for 5 years of tough use, or should I invest in something better? Thanks!

sue_g
05-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I think it would hold up fine. Also, Kidkraft's customer service is great and will mail you parts for free if anything breaks.

JTsMom
05-02-2009, 03:16 PM
DS is extremely rough with toys. We have the Kidkraft island style kitchen- I think we got it about 2 years ago. It has held up pretty well. The only problem we have had is with the plastic insert in the microwave section. I can't remember what DS did to it, but whatever it was was pretty bad IIRC- LOL. Anyway, it has popped out, and the screws kind of stripped the wood. Fixable- we just haven't bothered.

MMMommy
05-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I find the Kidkraft kitchen quality to be pretty good. The one we had was durable and solid, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Kidkraft play kitchen for the price. I didn't think it was necessary to spend a fortune on a play kitchen.