PDA

View Full Version : Pillows and Blankets in Crib

jenny
05-02-2009, 12:36 PM
When did you start putting pillows and blankets in the crib? at 1 year?

mamaoftwins
05-02-2009, 04:26 PM
We put a light blanket in around 14mos, after they started covering themselves up with ours while laying in our bed - showed me they might like one and were capable of covering at that point. Haven't done pillows yet. Would like to soon b/c Squish wads up his blanket to lay his head on. Need to start searching for a smallish pillow ...

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2009, 04:29 PM
With ds1, never. With ds2, a bit before a year. The pillow was because of cold/ ear infection to help him sleep and the blanket because his room gets really cold.

Beth

mamaoftwins
05-02-2009, 04:57 PM
With ds1, never. With ds2, a bit before a year. The pillow was because of cold/ ear infection to help him sleep and the blanket because his room gets really cold.

Beth

Did you use a regular twin-size pillow or have something smaller? I feel like the regular pillows are so big.

o_mom
05-02-2009, 05:07 PM
We didn't start until closer to two years. We use sleepsacks until then and if they need elevated for a cold I put a pillow under the mattress.

HIU8
05-02-2009, 08:31 PM
With DS we didn't ever use a blanket in the crib. We used sleepsacks. He still will not use a blanket. The pillow we got was some sort of junior pillow with a very high threadcount to keep out mites etc... from bed bath and beyond.

With DD we started using a blanket at about 12 months. She hated the sleep sacks. She is almost 23 months and in her crib is a blanket a friend made me, a smaller blanket on top of that (both not really thick--DD likes to have 2 on), 1 doll, 2 stuffed animals and a book. She does not sleep with a pillow yet.

smiles33
05-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Like some PP, we never used a pillow or blanket in DD's crib. We always used Halo sleep sacks. At daycare, where they nap on mats, she did get a toddler blanket. She got a standard size pillow and toddler blanket when she moved to her "big girl bed" about 6-8 months ago when she started climbing out of her crib.

DrSally
05-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I think I put a blanket in around 18 months or so. I tried a toddler pillow, but DS never took to it. He still really doesn't cover himself up, but has it as an option. Right now there are a lot of blankets in his crib actually.

wellyes
05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I've been putting blankets in DD's crib since about 10 months. They're small, maybe 3 or 4 ft. square? No pillow. She's 13 months now and still sleeps with her bum in the air.

newg
05-02-2009, 11:24 PM
DD is 14 months and wears a sleep sack and has a small blanket.....I put the blanket on her when I lay her down....but she stays in the same place as where I put her! I swear she sleep crawls. So the blanket is really pointless for her...more of a comfort now I guess.
No pillow either....I've seen toddler pillows at one step ahead and other similar stores....probably won't use those 'till DD sleeps in the same spot all night!

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Did you use a regular twin-size pillow or have something smaller? I feel like the regular pillows are so big.

ds1 has a million small decorative pillows so that is what ds2 uses- thin and small.

Beth

mommyp
05-02-2009, 11:37 PM
DD is almost 16 months and moves around a lot. We still are not using a pillow or blanket, just a sleep sack. She does have her baby doll and lovey in there with her though.

american_mama
05-02-2009, 11:44 PM
DS had had a blanket since about 9-10 months, maybe earlier. It's a flannel receiving blanket or similar. It was more for my benefit: I just didn't feel he was tucked in and cosy without one, despite wearing a blanket sleeper, and I thought he was capable of moving himself to prevent suffocation I doubt I'll give him a pillow until he moves into a big bed, which is what I did with my girls.

With my daughters, I don't think I gave them a blanket until they were much older, like 1.5 or 2 years old. I never gave them a pillow until the switch to the big bed.

KpbS
05-02-2009, 11:48 PM
DS1 started using one of his stuffed animals as a pillow around 1 year. It was pretty flattened. For DS2 I hope to get one of these pillows from Angel Dear--maybe around 18 mo?

http://sweetpboutique.com/store/angeldear_puppypillow.html

Blankets we started around 20 mo. I think.