PDA

View Full Version : Large purse with two zipper compartments - does it exist?

sgmango
05-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I have been searching and searching for a medium to large size purse (actual purse, not a diaper bag) that has 2 large zipper compartments. I want to be able to put a couple diapers and a wipes case in one compartment. Does a purse like this exist?

Thanks!!!

bubbaray
05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Kipling makes a few bags like that. Check out ebags.

ray7694
05-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I know what you mean. The Franco Sarto Sea Breeze has a zippered compartment in the middle with a compartment on each side. That is the only one I have found.

ang79
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I was just checking these out at Target today. They have this black one and a few w/ designs. Seems to be almost the same as the LeSportsac Everyday bag but way cheaper. There are two main sections (both zipper shut). One is a bit narrower than the other, would be perfect for dipes. And you could easily fit a small sippy or snacks in the two outside pockets.

Another option s find a purse you like and then use a diaper folder (Dipees and Wipees, My Royal Heinie, or JuJuBe BeQuick or BeSets to name a few). I have a BeQuick stocked w/ several dipes, soft pack of wipes, disposable change pad, and handsanitizer and just throw this in whatever bag I'm using, or put my wallet in it and use it as a wristlet if I'm running quick errands.

ang79
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Just thought of another option too. I ordered one of these in black (haven't gotten it yet) but there are 2 main compartments as well. It also converts very easily from a shoulder bag to a tote bag (I have one in leather already and its large enough to carry my things as well as some baby stuff, though the leather one only has one main compartment).

http://www.shoetrader.com/pagebuilder/shoetrader_item?cat=accessories&subcat=&item=85420&pagesize=3

This is an awesome price (every other site has it for $60+) and you can find discount codes at retailmenot.com

sgmango
05-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions!

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Another option s find a purse you like and then use a diaper folder (Dipees and Wipees, My Royal Heinie, or JuJuBe BeQuick or BeSets to name a few). I have a BeQuick stocked w/ several dipes, soft pack of wipes, disposable change pad, and handsanitizer and just throw this in whatever bag I'm using, or put my wallet in it and use it as a wristlet if I'm running quick errands.

:yeahthat: I use a Skip Hop Spark Changing Wallet (from Target) in my regular handbag - it's got enough room for 3 dipes, wipes case, hand sanitizer and changing pad. I just throw it in my purse and go.

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Just thought of another option too. I ordered one of these in black (haven't gotten it yet) but there are 2 main compartments as well. It also converts very easily from a shoulder bag to a tote bag (I have one in leather already and its large enough to carry my things as well as some baby stuff, though the leather one only has one main compartment).

http://www.shoetrader.com/pagebuilder/shoetrader_item?cat=accessories&subcat=&item=85420&pagesize=3

This is an awesome price (every other site has it for $60+) and you can find discount codes at retailmenot.com

This is really cute!

ang79
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
This is really cute!

I can't wait to get it and try it out and that is a steal of a price on those bags! I really like my leather one but use it more for when I'm dressed up (church, going out to dinner, etc.). I think they nylon one will be great for everyday and for vacation this summer.

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 02:17 PM
I can't wait to get it and try it out and that is a steal of a price on those bags! I really like my leather one but use it more for when I'm dressed up (church, going out to dinner, etc.). I think they nylon one will be great for everyday and for vacation this summer.

For 24.99, I think I might get one! Wow!

ETA: found another 10% off at retail me not and 10% cashback through Cashbaq!! Sold! ;)

ang79
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
For 24.99, I think I might get one! Wow!

ETA: found another 10% off at retail me not and 10% cashback through Cashbaq!! Sold! ;)

Ooh, what color are you getting? I got the black and used the 10% off as well. Considering that I was going to purchase the same bag on another site for $45, I was ecstatic when I found this one for $22.50!

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Ooh, what color are you getting? I got the black and used the 10% off as well. Considering that I was going to purchase the same bag on another site for $45, I was ecstatic when I found this one for $22.50!

Also went with black. I'm not a solid red person. Though sometimes I wish I was!

I'm excited for this bag! Thanks for posting - I would have NEVER even seen it otherwise. :)

ang79
05-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Also went with black. I'm not a solid red person. Though sometimes I wish I was!

I'm excited for this bag! Thanks for posting - I would have NEVER even seen it otherwise. :)

FYI mama, I got shipping notice for my bag on April 24th, and still do not have the bag, so I called their customer service this morning and she said I should have it by the end of the week, as it would take 11 business days via parcel post to get to me, in PA. But I know another mama on the babybags board has already gotten hers, it just might take awhile!

mamaoftwins
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
FYI mama, I got shipping notice for my bag on April 24th, and still do not have the bag, so I called their customer service this morning and she said I should have it by the end of the week, as it would take 11 business days via parcel post to get to me, in PA. But I know another mama on the babybags board has already gotten hers, it just might take awhile!

Thanks for the info! I haven't rec'd a shipping notice yet, and I just checked my account and it says 'processing'. Hope you get yours soon! :)