PDA

View Full Version : Lexie Barnes Darling?

ang79
05-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I've heard so many good things about these and am interested in trying one (though I don't really need another diaper bag!) I like that they have two exterior bottle pockets, it zips close, can wear it messenger and everyone says its light weight and stuffable. Not sure if I'm crazy about any of the prints though or the mesh pockets on the older ones. I'd love some input about these, especially if you have any of the newer prints (the ones that have the fabric bottle pockets rather than the mesh ones).

TIA!
Angie

jerigirl
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
The newer ones do not have the stroller clips either. I have one in the Viona print and I love that bag.

ang79
05-02-2009, 02:33 PM
The newer ones do not have the stroller clips either. I have one in the Viona print and I love that bag.

I rarely use my strollers, so that's not a big deal to me. I'd love to hear why you love it, maybe that will put me over the edge! I found a great deal on the Utopia or Pacifica ones......

jerigirl
05-02-2009, 03:01 PM
My viona is wipeable. I haven't personally seen one of the new ones IRL but they should also be wipeable. I like the way the inside is organized. and that the inside is light in color. Two wide, deep pockets on one side. 3 smaller, shallower pockets on the other. I don't use the "hidden pocket near the small handle. It is pretty big but my keys are still too big to put in there. Not sure what others use it for. The big outside pocket on the back is great. I use that for DS's toys, books etc. The 2 mesh bottle pockets are nice. I can carry DS's cup and mine too. (although that does weigh down the bag a good deal.)

I used a solid black skip hop duo before my darling and they are similar bags but the darling is cuter (LOL!) and lighter (inside color and weight) and seems to open up wider so you can see everything. I also like it because in my area it wasn't a bag that everyone had. (silly I know.) I know this isn't really any earth shattering info. I would say go ahead and try it.

jerigirl
05-02-2009, 03:04 PM
I forgot to say you might want to check out the yahoo group "babybags"- you will have to join. You'll find lots of mama's there that either have or have had a darling and you might find an older style one for sale.

ang79
05-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I forgot to say you might want to check out the yahoo group "babybags"- you will have to join. You'll find lots of mama's there that either have or have had a darling and you might find an older style one for sale.

Too late, already a member (and have the bag stash to show it!). That's where I'm finding all these great deals and I'm a sucker for a good deal.....

jerigirl
05-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, I would say then if you think you found a great deal- go for it. I think you will be happy with the bag. And if not- just sell it!! :)