PDA

View Full Version : I must be the most boring-est person ***UPDATE***

MMEand1
05-02-2009, 04:10 PM
***So, my 1 guest showed up right at 6:30. I told her that she may be the only person unless some show up without RSVP'ing. She got on the phone and called at least 10 people (I told her to call anyone she wanted since we are still semi-new here and I don't know very many people) and no one wanted to come. One lady even said "No thanks, I'd rather go grocery shopping". The one lady that came told me that her husband picked up a movie and was staying at home with their 4 girls. I told her to call them up and have them come over. They were over at the house a few minutes later and our kids got to play together.

Oh well...maybe I'll try again another time. The fondue turned out AWESOME!! I used 2 bags of milk chocolate carmel Werther's and 2 bags of the dark chocolate carmel Werther's and 1 12oz can of evaporated milk. I heated it up over the stove and then put it in the fondue pot over a tea candle! We dipped strawberries, grapes, bananas, apples, and oranges. I also had mini-pizzas, spinach dip, cheese dip and salsa with chips...oh, and LOTS of chocolate!! We are going to my grandmothers next weekend for Mother's day, so maybe I'll bring some to her. I can send some to school for my DS's teacher for Teacher Appreciation week too...it's chocolate - it will get used!!

So I got picked by Werther's Originals to host a house party. They sent me 5 boxes of their new carmel chocolate candies in milk and dark chocolate. All I had to do was invite people over, host the party, and post pictures of it on their site. They provided me with access to the site to manage the party, including sending out the e-vites, as well as updates to those invited.

So I invited 13 people...13 people!!! Only 3 RSVP'ed. 1 was a NO; 1 was a YES; and 1 was a maybe...

I told them that we would be having a chocolate fondue, snacks, chips/dips, etc since it was going to be an appetizer party. Everyone coming also gets a few bags of chocolates and coupons to take home. Why is it that no one wants to come to my party? I have chocolate! I have fun foods and I thought I was somewhat entertaining...What is so wrong with me that no one will even RSVP???

Guess if no one comes, then I will have a lot of snacks/chocolate all to myself!!! So, anyone want to come to my party? It's at 6:30!

Ceepa
05-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Are they crazy? A chocolate-themed party? And people aren't knocking your door off the hinges? I'd be an early-bird guest for sure. :p

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Maybe people didn't take it as seriously b/c it had a corporate sponsor. I think it could have left me scratching my head a bit to receive an invite to something like that. I would still come though because I love a party! :) I hope that you have some extra last minute guests!!

Beth

KBecks
05-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh, it sounds like fun! But honstly with kids, I hardly ever get out except to run errands or work out.

mamaoftwins
05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Are they crazy? A chocolate-themed party? And people aren't knocking your door off the hinges? I'd be an early-bird guest for sure. :p

:yeahthat: Ack! I wouldn't make it even if I left now! :( Hope more people show for you.

KrisM
05-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I had a Ziploc houseparty a few months ago and 2 people came. We ended up with a ton of free stuff each, so that was nice :).

I'm heading to a Dominoe's party tonight - they sent a $40 gift card to order whatever sounded good! There are only 4 of us there, so that should be yummy too!

I'm sorry you're not having a better turnout!

frgsnlzrds
05-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I would totally come if you weren't across the country! Mmmm a chocolate party!

gatorsmom
05-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Right after I notified DH that he'd be babysitting, I'd be there with bells on! What is not to love about a chocolate party???

Sorry your turn-out is so low. Enjoy your chocolate!

JTsMom
05-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Free chocolate? I'm in! :)

Snow mom
05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Oooo, I wish I was actually in Texas right now. I'd so be in for chocolate...

mom2one
05-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Where are you in TX? I am in TX, I would love to come!!!! Just my luck you will be near Houston or something and make it impossible to come. Maybe you could put a free chocolate sign in your front yard- people will start pouring in.

DietCokeLover
05-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a fun thing! And I don't like chocolate, but I would have come.

How do you get selected to do a product party like that? I've never heard of that before.

Laurel
05-02-2009, 05:43 PM
mmm, Chocolate.

I have to be honest- if I got an evite from a corporation I might not even read enough to find out it was really from a friend. Or, I might think I had to buy the chocolate. With all the sales "parties" these days, I'd be suspicious it was all a ploy.

MMEand1
05-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Just to clear things up - the e-vite was from me, just using their software/program. I even sent a separate one to their e-mail address from my e-mail address, just so no one would think it was spam.

Mom2one: I'm in San Antonio.

DietCokeLover: here is where I found it - http://www.houseparty.com/ You fill out an application and if you get selected, they send you stuff. I got 60 bags of chocolate, a TON of coupons, some Werther's post-it notes for everyone and a fleece blanket that is for me (I was going to use it as a door prize for those that are coming, but since it came as a host gift, I'm keeping it).

Well, got to start getting things ready for the "Party of 1" Haha!!

bubbaray
05-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Are you kidding me? I would LOVE to get an invite to a party like that. I love me some Werthers, LOL! Particularly the chocolate covered caramels.... Werthers fondue? Have I died and gone to heaven???

Can you post recipes????

SASM
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
M,

I would soooooo come to your party!!! HUGS!!

Christeen_Trevor
05-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Sounds fun. I would have come. I am pregnant with my third and love chocolate.
Maybe I will have one of those parties at my place.
I'm in Houston.

Christeen

MontrealMum
05-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Goodness, what's wrong with people? I would come if I could. I mean, a chocalate party, with free stuff, hosted by a woman that wants to race in mud?!? Fun times - really :) Sorry things didn't work out.

MamaMolly
05-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I have to agree I think that the invitees might have thought it was a 'buy it' type of party. But free chocolate? I'd go anyway! ;)

daisymommy
05-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Are they crazy? Or maybe *they're* the ones you should be calling boring!....so, where do you live, and when do I show up? ;)

ThreeofUs
05-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm in. Just send me directions from NE Ohio. :)

mom2one
05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I live near Dallas or I would so be there. I hope you had fun!! Enjoy everything they sent you.

MMMommy
05-02-2009, 10:18 PM
It's too bad we're in California, otherwise I'd be over in a heartbeat for some company and yummy fondue!

gatorsmom
05-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Just to clear things up - the e-vite was from me, just using their software/program. I even sent a separate one to their e-mail address from my e-mail address, just so no one would think it was spam.

Mom2one: I'm in San Antonio.

DietCokeLover: here is where I found it - http://www.houseparty.com/ You fill out an application and if you get selected, they send you stuff. I got 60 bags of chocolate, a TON of coupons, some Werther's post-it notes for everyone and a fleece blanket that is for me (I was going to use it as a door prize for those that are coming, but since it came as a host gift, I'm keeping it).

Well, got to start getting things ready for the "Party of 1" Haha!!

If I still lived in Houston, I'd have driven over for it! Sounds really yummy and it sounds like you had fun after all. :)

(BTW, anyone who prefers grocery shopping to eating chocolate is NOT someone I"d want as a friend. :shrug: )

Asianmommy
05-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Sorry about the low turnout. I would've come! Some people don't check their e-mail, some have trouble getting a sitter, and I bet some people were worried that there would be a sales pitch.

LexyLou
05-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Was this via houseparty.com?

I was supposed to host a South Beach Diet Party with them and the same thing happened. No one wanted to come. It was free and there was nothing to buy. It's interesting because we entertain a lot and always have at least 15 people come.

I know what freaked out a lot of my friends is that they needed to sign some waiver thing. I don't know, your party sounded a whole lot yummier than my SBD party though!

eliasmom
05-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Geez, I would have been there in a flash!

And, seriously, I don't know what is WRONG with people that they cannot bother to RSVP. I just threw a bridal shower for one of my best friends and getting people to RSVP was like pulling teeth. HELLO, you're either coming or you're not. It's not rocket science!

stefani
05-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I live in the Dallas metroplex... San Antonio is a bit far... As long as I can bring DS, I'll come to your party! Chocolate fondue party, wow!