PDA

View Full Version : Why can I not find any clothes that fit me in the stores!!!

HIU8
05-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I am so frustrated! I need clothes. Since DS was born I have been wearing either my mother's hand me downs and a pair of walmart jeans. I do have a few new things but NOTHING fits like it should. I don't get the styles. I am petite and my hips and thighs are about 2 sizes bigger than my waist. But I am average weight to thin. I cannot for the life of me find pants that don't have to be taken apart and redone (at that point why not just have them made $$$$$$). I cannot wear the babydoll shirt style. My style is waisted and fitted. That is how I look the best otherwise I look dumpy. I used to shop at petite sophisticate until they closed (and they are currently only at certain outlets now). I have no shorts and 3 shirts. I have 2 pair of crop pants that sort of fit and a pair of jeans with a huge hole in the knee b/c they are the only pair that fits me!!!! I HATE SHOPPING!

StantonHyde
05-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Lands End sells custom jeans and chinos--totally worth it!!!

veronica
05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
For Jeans (I too have smaller waist than hip/thighs) I have fallen in love with Gap's Essential fit jeans. They are higher waisted and cut more generously than other gap jeans.....love them.

I am short and don't look good in shorts for summer so I do skirts. What about nice khaki skirts or knit skirts. I found they make them so short these days that regular sizes hit at my knee.....I can usually find some pieces at Marshalls and other discount stores...hth

daniele_ut
05-02-2009, 09:48 PM
My Christmas gift from dh last year was a personal shopping trip and I finally did it a few weeks ago. I swear she was a magician and knew exactly what brands would fit me. I'm thin and petite, but I also have hips. The first store we went to was Macy's and the jeans that worked for me were the DKNY Soho jeans in regular length. She also said that she finds that Silver jeans work well for petite moms who have hips and I got a cute pair of crops.

tylersmama
05-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Nordstrom has free personal shopping, and while I've never actually done it, a friend did and LOVED it. I can see how awesome it would be, since their salespeople are so good at finding things. It would definitely be worth a shot!