PDA

View Full Version : I should have just stayed home today!

happymomma
05-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Today must be one of my worst days I've ever had. I should have just stayed home and locked myself in the house. This morning I was helping my international student (my friend is her guardian) out because she needed a ride to take her SAT. I had to leave my house at 6:15 to pick her up and when I got there, she was still sleeping. So I woke her up and had to wait for her. Then I took her to get breakfast at McDonald's. But as a result, I got lost and ended up getting a speeding ticket. I haven't gotten a speeding ticket since I was 18 years old (over 15 years ago). In addition, she had spilled hot coffee all over my car.

In addition, we went to a bunch of yard sales today and I didn't find a thing. Which is so odd for me. I had the Sears repairman try to fix my front load washer and told him that something was wrong with the computer chip. He said that nothing was wrong but that we needed to do a cleaning using magic clean once in awhile. So he did it. My family and I went out and I forgot about the washer. Just came home and after dinner saw that my whole basement was flooded. The repairman did not fix my issues and instead it was worse. So now my basement laundry room is flooded and no one can come out until Monday at the earliest.

Just wanted to vent a bit.

nrp
05-02-2009, 11:19 PM
What a rotten day! At least tomorrow can only be better :)

elektra
05-03-2009, 12:04 AM
What a horrible day! So sorry.

WatchingThemGrow
05-03-2009, 07:43 AM
OMgosh...I just want to let out a big scream for you! Can you rent a steam cleaner from the grocery or get a wet/dry vac and suck up the water?

frgsnlzrds
05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
That's awful! I hope you have a better day today!

happymomma
05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel much better. I was able to borrow a couple of dehumidifiers, fans, and a wet vac. The basement is a lot better. Hopefully they will fix my washing machine on Monday. I am now without one b/c I need for Sears to look at it to determine what happened. The rug in the laundry room might have to be disposed of though. Yuck...

Today was much better. Spent lots of time with my sisters and cousins. It was nice to be around family.