PDA

View Full Version : Drug Store Shopping List- pre arrival

DagnyT
05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I remember having a list of drug store type items to have on hand when baby #1 came home. I do not remember where the list is, and given that baby #1 is now nearly 8- I have forgotten many of the things on the list! Any have suggestions- or a list. I remember infant Tylenol, Mylicon, etc....

Any input appreciated!

Thanks.

WatchingThemGrow
05-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I started to do this too- with my Rite Aid prescription transfer cards ($100 worth!!!), but I got tired and came home.

things I got for me:
-pads
-colase

elephantmeg
05-03-2009, 04:32 PM
infant tylenol
motrin for over 6 months
mylicon
diaper rash ointment
saline nose drops
bulb syringe
teething tablets
pedialyte or liquilytes
glycerine supositories
rectal thermometer
vasaline
maybe gripe water-we never did but came close to trying it!
the chux pads that you can get (flat pads in the incontenance aisle) make good disposable changing pads
I also have tylenol supositories but have never used them (in case a kid has a fever but is puking)
benadryl for later (in case of allergic reaction)
calamine lotion (never used it either)
baby sunscreen

HTH

Tondi G
05-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I think you'll be fine with

infant tylenol
newborn diapers
newborn baby wipes or at least some fragrance free ones
some kind of diaper cream.... I liked aquaphor or A&D to help keep the sticky meconium poops from sticking to their bottoms
some saline nasal drops (I like the Little noses brand)
Make sure you grab one or 2 bulb syringe/sucky things from the hospital... they are so much better than the ones you can buy in the store
baby nail clippers ... we have the First years ones, I think, with a bulb-y white plastic handle
I didn't like Mylicon but did like Gripe Water from whole foods... used the wellements brand
unscented baby lotion ... babies are so dry and peeling sometimes. I think we used Eucerin (ours peds recommendation) but I might go with the unscented California Baby lotion if we had another baby

The pads for you and colace suggestion is a good one! You will probably want adult Motrin/Advil at home too

3blackcats
05-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Don't forget Tucks for yourself. And extra cleaning bottles if you have more than one bathroom :)