PDA

View Full Version : Naturepedic or Moonlight Slumber FULL size mattress...anyone have one?

hokie98
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
My now 3-1/2 yr old slept on a Moonlight Slumber in her crib & toddler bed until several months ago when she moved to her 'big girl' bed. Right now we're using an extra mattress, but we want to replace it, and I'd prefer not to use a conventional mattress due to the fire retardants and other chemicals. I'm trying to decide between a full size Moonlight Slumber (~$500) or a Naturepedic (~$800-900). There are no stores near me that carry either brand, so I have to sort of imagine what they're like and I'll be ordering online. Does anyone have an experience with either of these mattresses on a twin or full bed (we're looking to buy a full BTW)? We were quite happy with the Moonlight Slumber crib mattress, but the innerspring will be a little different I'd have to guess than our Starlight Support crib mattress. I like what I've read about the Naturepedic, but it is a bit pricey when compared to the Moonlight Slumber (but still cheaper than most other organic mattresses). So I was just curious if anyone has any experience with either of these, or any other "chemical-free" mattresses that doesn't cost a small fortune! Thanks for your help!!