PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest time of year to go to Hawaii?

SnuggleBuggles
05-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Is there such a thing as an off peak season to visit Hawaii? 10 year anniversary next year and I am ready to buckle down and get started planning a trip.

Beth

bubbaray
05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, summer, though that is storm season. Personally, I would go in the the winter or fall.

vejemom
05-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Well, summer, though that is storm season. Personally, I would go in the the winter or fall.

Yup! Although you could try Kona on the Big Island. That side of the island almost never gets rain. Most of the big resort hotels are located there. You'd have to check the rates, though. I'm not sure if they would have an "off-season" for that reason.

graciebellesmomma
05-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Summer actually is high season, like Xmas. Lots of high school, college, family trips. It's a zoo in June, July. August and September are alright, but I recommend October or November for weather. It's cooled down a bit and the humidity is starting to back off. You will get more rain, but not days of rain, like in December. They call April/May and October/Nov. the shoulder seasons. You can typically find cheaper airfare, lodging and even discounts on snorkeling cruises, etc. Shoulder season was my favorite time of year when we lived in Maui. Best weather, less people.

buddyleebaby
05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
We went in April (years ago) and it was lovely.

SnuggleBuggles
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Good to hear that April is a nice time b/c that is when our anniversary is. Thanks!!

Beth

vludmilla
05-03-2009, 09:09 PM
We went to Maui the first two and a half weeks of July two years ago and loved it. We didn't think it was busy at all. The weather was beautiful. On one side of Maui it rained slightly every day but it didn't cramp anyone's style because it was so very minor.