PDA

View Full Version : A silly complaint about shopping with kids

s7714
05-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Why is it that I can go to the mall several times alone and find absolutely nothing I like. But the one time I go there with both DDs in tow so I can get them some new shoes? Every single darn store we walk past I see things I love from the windows! And of course neither of my DDs were in moods tolerant of doing some shopping for mommy today. :irked:

Now watch, I'll go back tomorrow while the kids are in school but it'll turn out they have nothing in the right size anyway...

LMPC
05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
LOL I had something similar happen to me the other day...I went into BJ's (okay, not as fun as the mall) to get diapers...only diapers. I stuck DD in the stroller thinking, 'this will be fine. I can carry diapers in one hand and push with the other!' Of course, I get in there and find about a dozen things that are on clearance...or that I remembered that I needed. Went back the next day with DH in tow and couldn't find anything! The shopping gods are definitely against me this week!

elliput
05-03-2009, 10:12 PM
This is so, so true! When DD is having a good and cooperative day, I find nothing. On the days when she is just one heartbeat away from a meltdown, I see all sorts of things to try on or look at.

gatorsmom
05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Tell me, what does the mall look like again? I haven't been there shopping for just me in months and my children are all at difficult ages right now so I don't want to try to go with them.

What did people do before internet shopping? Oh, maybe HSN.....