PDA

View Full Version : Goals for the week of 5/3-5/10

elizabethkott
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
So what are your goals for this week?

Also, what challenges do you face this week?

Mine are:
-drink 4 32 oz of water each day.
-make my lunch each day for school.
-burn 500 calories 5 days this week.

My biggest challenge is going to be getting my exercise in, since we're starting tech for the dance concert this week, and I know I'm going to be exhausted. If I can't get up to run in the morning, then I am going to try to fit it in after school, before rehearsals start between 3-4pm. I'll just be a sweaty, stinky mess hanging lights and programming a light board and the kids will have to deal with me. :)

amandabea
05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, maybe if I put this down on *paper* I'll be better about following through. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life (except when 6+ mos pg) and I'm miserable. I need to lose 40#, but I'd be happy with 25#.

Week 1 Goals:
- Drink 4 20oz of water daily
- Walk at least 25 minutes 5 days
- Figure out how to stay motivated & committed
- ???

My biggest challenge, other than motivation, is finding time to do anything. I WAH 3 days/week and typically have phone meetings as soon as I drop DD off at daycare at 7:30 a.m. I WOH 2 days/week and get up at 4:15 a.m. and am usually home at 7:00 p.m. one night and 5:00 p.m. the other. I'm usually too tired to do much more than the basics those days. I don't even see DD one of those days at all, so the other days that I'm home, I try to spend some time with her in the morning before daycare and then in the evening before bed. Ugh.

rebeccaravit
05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
So what are your goals for this week?

Also, what challenges do you face this week?

Mine are:
-drink 4 32 oz of water each day.
-make my lunch each day for school.
-burn 500 calories 5 days this week.

Liz, that seems like an extreme amount of water. I read somewhere that you divide the lbs you weigh by half and that's the # in ounces you should drink each day.
How are you doing it? I'm having a hard time just drinking one 32 oz bottle each day. Also, how do you stay out of the bathroom?

This is not meant to sound like I'm judging, attacking, nothing. Just curious and glad to see you're trying to stick to a goal. Please let me know if its working. I also have to lose 15 lbs!

elizabethkott
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I've found that I'm able to do 4 32 oz bottles, but no more than that, lol! Once I get myself "used" to drinking that much, it gets easier. I do use the bathroom a lot, but I've managed to time it with my teaching schedule... for example, I know that between 12:30-3pm (periods 7, 8, and 9) I won't have a chance to use the bathroom, so I try to get two bottles of water in in the morning before school and during my morning classes. By 3pm, I am halfway done with the third which I finish up on the way home from school, and then between 4-7pm I finish off the fourth. It also helps that I only drink water and wine. :D So I have an 8oz glass of water with breakfast, lunch and dinner... that's 3/4 of a bottle right there.

elephantmeg
05-19-2009, 06:10 AM
So my goals:
-desert 1x/wk. Not the endless cookie binges
-work out 3 days/wk: jog 2-3 miles, do my strength exercises. I'm due for a re-assessment so that should kick start me back into stregth exercises
-cut portions back
-take fruit/veggies/baked oatmeal to work when I work night shift which should keep me out of the 3 am french fries

I will say that since I started jogging I feel really good running after DS. We were camping this past weekend and I chased that kid until he collapsed-I beat my 3 year old!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I felt like a really COOL mommy!

Challenges. These weeks when I do a mixture of nights and days. And I don't feel good but hope I will feel better when I wake up. So I guess finding the 3 days to work out is going to be hard. I guess I'll say Wed/Thurs/Fri and try to do some wii fit tomorrow. I really have to stay home and do laundry before all the stuff mildews...