PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Appreciation Projects

MMEand1
05-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I thought I would open this thread to see if there were other mama's (in light of the other TA thread) that wanted to post their Teacher Appreciation projects that they are sending with their DC to school.

My DS's school suggested we trace his hand, cut it out and then the teacher could wear all the hands on Monday. Well, since I have no construction paper here at the house and didn't feel like running out to get some, I made do with what I had, which included some tissue paper, wax paper, cardboard boxes, and ribbon. I decided to trace his hand on the cardboard, and then trace around that a little bigger. I then cut out the center tracing of his hand. We took the tissue paper and tore it into small pieces. I traced the larger hand onto the wax paper and then we glued the torn up tissue paper onto the the wax paper. Once it dried, it gave it a stained-glass appearance. I then sandwiched the piece of wax paper in-between two cut-outs of his hand and glued it all together. I attached a loop to hand it from and glued ribbon around it to cover up the rough cardboard edges.

Yes it took forever. Yes I am a dork for doing all this work for a teacher that has not even said thank you to the holiday gifts that I have sent to school with my son for her. And no, I cannot promise that I will be energetic to do this when my DD starts school in two years!!

Mirthful
05-05-2009, 04:02 AM
It's beautiful!!

I am very impressed as I am searching for Teacher Appreciation ideas, my DD going to a school that did NOT send home a list.