PDA

View Full Version : another ebay bidder rant

clc053103
05-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Please explain why people bid on things they have no intention of paying for!!!! This person outbid the highest bidder in the final seconds (meaning, they either sat there waiting for the auction to end so they could win the item, or they wanted it enough to pay to use something like esnipe), yet they have never paid for it. I have even sent a nice "look if you don't want it anymore, just let me know and I will do a second chance offer to the next bidder" and still- nothing! This person had 100% positive feedback- however, I think from reading the non paying bidder info, this would not reflect if the person had unpaid item strikes, which apparently dont' really mean anything! Ever since ebay changed the buyer feedback policy, it seems buyers can pull whatever stunts they want. Ridiculous.

KrisM
05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
That stinks. I don't get it. But, do file the UID so they get a strike. I do think that after X number strikes, ebay does something. Not sure how many or what happens, but file anyway.

JTsMom
05-04-2009, 09:00 AM
That stinks. I don't get it. But, do file the UID so they get a strike. I do think that after X number strikes, ebay does something. Not sure how many or what happens, but file anyway.

:yeahthat: I think it's 3 strikes and your acct. gets suspended. It's weird that someone with 100% feedback would do that though- maybe they sniped and then went out of town or something? BTW, there are free sniping sites out there.

frgsnlzrds
05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I totally sympathize with you! I just sent a reminder, "Hey your payment is late and I haven't heard from you since you bought this a week ago" invoice. It was a best offer, too.

clc053103
05-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I didn't know there were free snipe sights! I figure if you care about an item enough to go the steps to snipe, then you must really want it- guess I figured wrong. I put a 72 hour payment requirement in my listing, but ebay's wait time to file is 7 days. AFter that, I think I have to wait ANOTHER week for the buyer to respond and possibly resolve, and THEN I can relist or do a second chance offer. By then, I doubt the other bidder will even be interested. SOOO frustrating. Though I tried CL a few weeks ago and have sold nothing but received dozens of freaky emails! LOL!

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
but ebay's wait time to file is 7 days. AFter that, I think I have to wait ANOTHER week for the buyer to respond and possibly resolve, and THEN I can relist or do a second chance offer.

Yep, all that wait time is SO annoying. :( Makes me so mad when people do that. Two weeks to resolve. Ugh. I totally feel your pain - this has been happening to me a lot lately. But, if this makes you feel better, I'd guess 90% of the time I relist, I end up selling for more than the non-paying buyer won it for. Hope that happens to you!!