PDA

View Full Version : Looking at potties and thinking about pt'ing.

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 10:27 AM
The boys are super-interested in watching Daddy go 'pee-pee in the potty', so we're going to buy a ring/kid toilet and just have them around if the kids show an interest. So I'm researching these and come across some reviews at drugstore.com that I had to post ... I am not at all knocking or judging anyone, I just find it AMAZING that people pt (or have their infants go in the potty) at such a young age. I would never even imagine doing this. Seems like a lot of work over a long time. Especially with twins and that is why the first review caught my eye. ;)

Copied from reviews for the Bjorn small potty at drugstore.com (with reviewer names and dates removed) ...

http://a216.g.akamai.net/f/216/580/1d/www.drugstore.com/img/ratings/rating_50.gifWe brought our twins home ...

We brought our twins home from the hospital just six hours after they were born and immediately they were using this potty for its exact purpose. They were going in this potty! It's wonderful as well as amazing! I am absolutely sure it's the engineering and attractive colors. The twins are just now six months and they just crawl up on it and do their business. Now if Baby Bjorn just had a tiny sink they could use. We're expecting a third baby later in the year and I can tell you for sure there will be a third one of these in the babies' bathroom! Get one!

http://a216.g.akamai.net/f/216/580/1d/www.drugstore.com/img/ratings/rating_50.gifThis was a great starter ...

This was a great starter potty for EC (elimination communication). My daughter started using it at 3 months, and now at 5 months, knows exactly what it is for! I thought, why not let them go potty at a young age? If they can do it, and are comfortable with it, why not? This potty is perfect for that.

(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%282042544%29;)
http://a216.g.akamai.net/f/216/580/1d/www.drugstore.com/img/ratings/rating_50.gifExcellent tool for Diaper ...

Excellent tool for Diaper Free Baby or Elimination Communication training. Easy to clean, portable, and comfy for baby too. Our girl is 6 weeks, and it makes it easier on baby and on parent, while supporting baby to do their business.

WatchingThemGrow
05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Ok, can I judge, since you aren't? Lest I be judged...I know.... c'mon "We have 6 mo old twins and are expecting another baby within the year?" and that first line that just sounds absurd...

When DS is seeming interested, I might look into Peter Potty. People seem to like it, right? We like the Bjorn insert right now!

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok, can I judge, since you aren't? Lest I be judged...I know.... c'mon "We have 6 mo old twins and are expecting another baby within the year?" and that first line that just sounds absurd...

Haha, I know, sounds strange, right?!

I'll probably get that Bjorn insert, too, and the Peter Potty from another thread looks cool. But, we have a *tiny* bathroom, so it wouldn't fit. I'll start with the insert and a stool and go from there. :)

WatchingThemGrow
05-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Haha, I know, sounds strange, right?!

I'll probably get that Bjorn insert, too, and the Peter Potty from another thread looks cool. But, we have a *tiny* bathroom, so it wouldn't fit. I'll start with the insert and a stool and go from there. :)

Our bathroom is tiny too. I need to measure and see if it would even work. i like the ring and stool!

trales
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
We have a 7 dollar one from Ikea (looks like the Bjorn) and a cheap one from babies R us. They both do the job so to speak.

I just can't see putting out a lot of money for a piece of plastic to poop in.

WatchingThemGrow
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM

true! We got the little potty for free from a neighbor and the ring for $10 from CL. They do come up since they've been around. We did buy our matching stool full price from kidsurplus, though.

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 02:53 PM
We have a 7 dollar one from Ikea (looks like the Bjorn) and a cheap one from babies R us. They both do the job so to speak.

Oh, I wish we had an Ikea here - I was just reading through other Ikea threads for storage ideas - the closest one is 275mi away. :(

true! We got the little potty for free from a neighbor and the ring for $10 from CL. They do come up since they've been around. We did buy our matching stool full price from kidsurplus, though.

Yep, I also agree, I plan on scouring CL for a little while before I buy. :)

citymama
05-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Bjorn potties are awesome - both the ring and the stand-alone potty (I like the one with the removable insert as it's so much easier to clean). The IKEA one is uncomfy for kids (acc to my DD who hates it) and a PITA to clean. We keep it in grandma's house but now DD just uses the regular potty. As for paying for plastic for kids to poop in- you sure save a lot on diapers! And I think it helped make it more comfy/easy for DD to do on her own initiative. The $25 spent on the Bjorn insert and $20 on the stand-alone potty are possibly the best money I spent on kiddie purchases, in terms of value for money. We've tried a lot of other potty seats and inserts at friends' places, and the Bjorn PT products are fantastic IMO.

PS We have a small bathroom too - had the insert plus step stool in the bathroom, and the stand-alone potty has stood in a hallway outside DD's room - may seem yucky to some, but very practical and it never bothered us.

Nooknookmom
05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Bjorn potties are awesome - both the ring and the stand-alone potty (I like the one with the removable insert as it's so much easier to clean). The IKEA one is uncomfy for kids (acc to my DD who hates it) and a PITA to clean. We keep it in grandma's house but now DD just uses the regular potty. As for paying for plastic for kids to poop in- you sure save a lot on diapers! And I think it helped make it more comfy/easy for DD to do on her own initiative. The $25 spent on the Bjorn insert and $20 on the stand-alone potty are possibly the best money I spent on kiddie purchases, in terms of value for money. We've tried a lot of other potty seats and inserts at friends' places, and the Bjorn PT products are fantastic IMO.

PS We have a small bathroom too - had the insert plus step stool in the bathroom, and the stand-alone potty has stood in a hallway outside DD's room - may seem yucky to some, but very practical and it never bothered us.

I'll second the Bjorn stand alone potty. LOVE it. Not only is it easy for me to clean, DD can pull it out when ever she needs to use it (small 2nd bath, keep it in the tub) and then dump the contents herself. YAY!

She tends to tell me after she pees, but has been pooping in it like a champ! Whoo-hoo!