PDA

View Full Version : FP High Chair: Rainforest vs Precious Planet

janine
05-04-2009, 12:28 PM
After much research, I decided on the FP Rainforest. It was between this and the FP Space Saver (since our kitchen is small), but I'd heard so many rave reviews of the Rainforest High Chair--easy to clean, fun toy for baby! Went to BRU and it's discontinued so I picked up the Precious Planet.

Looking at reviews closer, it looks like the Precious Planet is not vinyl and toy is kind of lame compared to the RF one. Anyone have any opionions on this--I can get the older model at other stores. I just want to make sure of which is best before putting it all together!

janine
05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
anyone have experience with either or both?

IDcam
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I was in that predicament a few weeks ago. We went with the Rainforest and DD LOVES the toy! You're right, the Precious Planet fabric is cloth and I felt it was going to be too hard to wipe up. Do you have a Baby Depot (inside a Burlington Coat Factory)? I was about to buy one from eBay but decided to check around locally. We got ours on sale from Baby Depot for $79.99 plus a 10% coupon I cut out of our BabyTalk magazine. HTH!

janine
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow great price--was it free shipping? I actually have the precious planet in a box at home (from BRU before I realized it was a newer model) and just ordered the rainforest after reading up on it all. So one has to go back! I bought the rainforest from Sears w/free shipping, but was $94..I'm jealous of your price! But I did want to purchase from a store I'd be able to physcially return it to if I had to. Are you happy with the rainforest so far?

IDcam
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
We had to drive about 13 miles to the closest Baby Depot to pick it up. Yup, we're very happy with our Rainforest High Chair. =) DD just started solids last week so up until then she would sit in the chair and play with the toy while I wash dishes, etc. IMO, the toy that comes with the Rainforest is way better than the dinky one on the Precious Planet. She likes it so much that I sometimes detach it from the tray so she can sit on the bed with me and play with it. We also have the Rainforest Jumperoo that we really like. Main reason I bought that was because the poles that stick up don't stick out like the Precious Planet version. Otherwise, they both look like they have the same type of toys on them.