PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Luzianne family-size tea bags at home??

SASM
05-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Strange question but I am majorly craving sweet tea right now. I cannot find Luzianne tea bags near me, let alone the family size. I am trying to find an alternative around here first as opposed to buying online and paying a ton for shipping for Luzianne. Can someone please (beg beg) WEIGH 8 family-size tea bags and 10 family-size tea bags for me so I can match the weight in what I have found here?? I would soooo appreciate it. I actually use decaf but I do not think that would matter...beggars cannot be choosers. :) THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH (I hope)!!! :)

hellokitty1
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Strange question but I am majorly craving sweet tea right now. I cannot find Luzianne tea bags near me, let alone the family size. I am trying to find an alternative around here first as opposed to buying online and paying a ton for shipping for Luzianne. Can someone please (beg beg) WEIGH 8 family-size tea bags and 10 family-size tea bags for me so I can match the weight in what I have found here?? I would soooo appreciate it. I actually use decaf but I do not think that would matter...beggars cannot be choosers. :) THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH (I hope)!!! :)

i have the family size in my pantyr now. ii get them at sam's club. but, sorry, not sure i can hellp you "weigh" them. i don't have a food scale. i don't quite get why you want the weight.

SASM
05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
i have the family size in my pantyr now. ii get them at sam's club. but, sorry, not sure i can hellp you "weigh" them. i don't have a food scale. i don't quite get why you want the weight.

Ohhh...that is good to know, although I used to get Luzianne at my former SuperWalmart and my new one doesn't stock it (new region of the country) so I am not hopeful about my Sam's.

Anyway...I want the weight so I can get an equivalent measure of tea with the smaller Lipton bags that I can get here. I know...weird. After LOTS of experimenting over the years, I now have an awesome recipe that is PERFECT for my tastes with my Luzianne...I want to TRY to get it close to that with Lipton. I think that it'll be rough, as I am not a Lipton fan to begin with, but I want to try. :)

hellokitty1
05-04-2009, 02:19 PM
okay. i still can't weigh it but the box says one family sized tea bag weights 6 grams. One family sized tea bag makes 32 ounces (1 quart) with 8 ounces representing one serving.

HTH.

SASM
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Thank you so much, Vivian! :)

fortato
05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I can't get Luzianne here in NH. I had sort of forgotten about it until I read this post.... and Sweet Tea season is coming...

I wonder if they sell it on Amazon...