PDA

View Full Version : Jogger for my 2 yr old

sogatiger
05-04-2009, 03:02 PM
We are now in need of a single jogger for daily walks/jogs for my 2 yr. old DD as we our using our double (BJSCD -which has spoiled me!) less and less. I'm tempted to just go to Target and get a Baby Trend or In Step, but DH has always wanted a BOB Revolution... and with REI 20% off sale right now it's very appealing. My only concern is that we'll only get another year or two with a new jogger, and for walks around the neighborhood a cheapy might do the trick. I've been watching CL but nothing has come up. Is it worth the investment for a single BOB at this point? I might be selling my double soon which may make up for the cost of a new BOB...

Any other suggestions out there??
Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Have you sat your DD in a BOB? Some complain of the canopy being right at their kids' heads, and when I had a Rev. Duallie and a BJCED, the BJ seemed to have a lot more headroom.

REI also has the BJ Summit 360 which may also do the trick. I think it is only online, though.

sogatiger
05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I have been wondering how she would fit in a BOB... I have also been debating just getting a BJ single since I love my double so much (and I know how she fits in the seat and she has plenty of room to grow!) I have not had her in a BOB recently and we don't live near a store that sells them. Anyone have pictures of a 2 year old (she's around 33" tall, 28 lbs.) in a BOB vs. a BJ?? I seem to remember canopy height being a reason why I went for the BJCSD instead of a Duallie 2 yrs ago w/ my DS!

mariza
05-04-2009, 03:38 PM
I have an E3 that my 4 yo DD still fits great in, maybe you can find a good deal on CL. I am actually looking for a SBS double since my kids are now over the 33lb limit of the 2nd seat, we still use it occassionally as a single for long outings.

pb&j
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I love my BOBs (single and double Revs) - my 3 y.o. still fits in them, though he is almost at the top of the canopy. He is 75th percentile for height and is more torso than legs. It looks like a tight squeeze, but he does not mind at all.

arivecchi
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I owned an Instep for all of 2 weeks and my 2 yr old son had no room (he is 38-39 inches tall). He hated it so I sold it and got a BJ.

sogatiger
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I just found a BJCC single for $289 w/ free shipping on Albeebaby so I may just continue with my BJ's since I know she'll fit in the seat for a LONG time (DS - almost 5, still fits in the double comfortably). I keep reading about how it's not a "jogging stroller", but surely it can handle a brisk walk/ light jog, right? I mean I've "jogged" with my BJCSD... is a BOB Revolution any different? They both have the swivel front wheel. Thanks for all your help!

arivecchi
05-05-2009, 07:57 AM
My DH ran with our BJCCD and the handle kept dropping on its own after that (we had to replace it), so I would not run with it. I think brisk walks are ok. Check out stroller.com as well, they have several 2008 Baby Jogger strollers on clearance. Just go to the category you are interested in (new versions) and the 2008 versions are also in there.