PDA

View Full Version : Help!! ISO a Blue-Gray paint color for guest bathroom!

Corie
05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Would love a pretty blue-gray paint color for our guest bathroom!

Please help! Thanks so much!! :)

Twoboos
05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Ohhh we have a great one called Nantucket Fog, I think a Benjamin Moore. We also have another that we love (In the guest bath too!) but I can't remember the name right now... I will look around and try to find the can or remember the name. This one was darker than I was thinking I wanted but the paint person recommended this one and it's GREAT. (We were trying to subdue a navy tub, and this really did the trick. The paint is nowhere near navy though.)

Corie
05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Ohhh we have a great one called Nantucket Fog, I think a Benjamin Moore. We also have another that we love (In the guest bath too!) but I can't remember the name right now... I will look around and try to find the can or remember the name. This one was darker than I was thinking I wanted but the paint person recommended this one and it's GREAT. (We were trying to subdue a navy tub, and this really did the trick. The paint is nowhere near navy though.)

I'll check out the Nantucket Fog!

And let me know when/if you remember the name of the other paint color!
I'm curious now that you've talked it up! :)

Twoboos
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
ACK! Pressure!! :wink2:

If you want to check out Nantucket Fog on the Ben Moore site, it's in the "America's Colors" section of the Virtual Fan Deck. Took me a bit to track it down on there.

Corie
05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
ACK! Pressure!! :wink2:

If you want to check out Nantucket Fog on the Ben Moore site, it's in the "America's Colors" section of the Virtual Fan Deck. Took me a bit to track it down on there.

I just did! It looks awesome!!!

Twoboos
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Ok - found it!

Water's Edge #1635. It's in the Classic Colors Section.

I really like them both. We almost did NanFog in the guest ba, too, but it needed to be darker thanks to the ugly huge navy tub we were not replacing. Cheaper to do paint! But this color def works in there. We have white tub/sink/shower curtain w/diff blue fishes to brighten it up, even with no window.

GL!! Choosing paint is a nightmare!! I am always stuck between two colors that are virtually the same. :)

almostmom
05-04-2009, 05:04 PM
We have iced slate (Benjamin Moore) in our bedroom, and I LOVE it. We've had it for 6 years, and it is so serene and beautiful. Sometimes it looks more grey, or more blue, but always pretty.

Good luck!

Mermanaid
05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
How dark do you want to go? I used Eddie Bauer's Mercer Blue in my bathroom. It is lovely. My room doesn't get a ton of light so it looks more blue in my application. I notice on the sample it looks so gray!

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-Eddie-Bauer-EB32-2-Mercer-Blue-p/mpc0082055.htm

CiderLogan
05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Does Restoration Hardware still carry its own paint colors? If so, check out their blue (I can't remember the name, but they only have one of each color). It is absolutely gorgeous - we used it in our basement and I wish I had a place to use it in the rest of our house!

daniele_ut
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Restoration Hardware actually has multiple shades of cream, yellow, blue, and gray paint. You can see them on their site under the Hardware section. The color I originally planned to paint our bedroom is Atmosphere Blue and it is a really nice light gray blue. We ended up going with a deeper blue, though, called Shore. I've showed you pics of it before.

Corie
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Restoration Hardware actually has multiple shades of cream, yellow, blue, and gray paint. You can see them on their site under the Hardware section. The color I originally planned to paint our bedroom is Atmosphere Blue and it is a really nice light gray blue. We ended up going with a deeper blue, though, called Shore. I've showed you pics of it before.

Oh yeah, I remember now, Daniele!! You have some great colors in your house! :)

KrisM
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
We have Aleutian by Sherwin Williams in our family room and kitchen and really like it a lot. It goes with just about everything. #6241 http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/

alien_host
05-06-2009, 09:28 AM
We used Silver Mist by Benjamin Moore for our bedroom and a guest bath. We really like it.

sste
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
If you go to "Eileen Kennon's" paints on her website she has a color called "gustavian grey" -- I think there is a light version and a dark version. It is very pretty -- kind of spa blue grey. It looks different from how it looks on the website and she can mix to make it darker or lighter, at least last time I used her. Her paints are mixed at a ICI/Dulux stores and I believe cost in the same range as BM Aura. You can phone - - they are very helpful there.

www.ellenkennon.com

CiderLogan
05-06-2009, 11:00 AM

Oh yeah - Atmosphere Blue is what we have! I love it!

Corie
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Ohhh we have a great one called Nantucket Fog

This is the one that I picked for our guest bathroom and I LOVE it!!!

What a great color!! Thanks so much for your help!