PDA

View Full Version : So what Ebay feedback do you leave if...

KBecks
05-04-2009, 04:21 PM
You buy from a lower feedback seller (97%ish) and you are the only bidder, scoring a toy for 0.99. Shipping is about $6.

The toy arrives, and it's dirty.

I bought a toy that is a Little Tikes dollhouse minivan and the inside of the van (which is open and easy to access) has all this dust / lint /cat hair? in the corners / crevices. Kinda gross.

I can rinse it out. It's annoying, and just stupid on the seller's part. I expect items sold to be reasonably clean, not even perfectly clean, but lots of visible dust w/ hairs is gross.

But what do you do for seller communication and feedback?

JTsMom
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Well, you could email the seller and tell them and see what they say before deciding. Personally, I would never leave a neg w/out contacting the seller first.

You could leave nothing.

You could leave a positive but note the dirt/hair in your feedback.

I wouldn't neg someone over something like that, especially on a .99 item, but that's just me. Did it look clean in the photos? Just curious.

citymama
05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Ewww. I think you gotta say something. If everything else about it meets your expectations/item description, you can give + feedback and say "item arrived dirty but otherwise as described."

I recently rec'd one item - a not cheap Hanna Andersson jacket - covered with pet fur, even though there was no mention in the description. The item was in great shape/clean in every other way, and the seller was clearly a mom trying to clean out her closet. In her case, I sent her a personal email suggesting she should say clearly on her listings that she has pets, but I gave her completely positive feedback. I think your case sounds gross though!

mamaoftwins
05-04-2009, 04:33 PM

I wouldn't neg someone over something like that, especially on a .99 item, but that's just me.

This is what I would do.

KrisM
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Well, you could email the seller and tell them and see what they say before deciding. Personally, I would never leave a neg w/out contacting the seller first.

You could leave nothing.

I wouldn't neg someone over something like that, especially on a .99 item, but that's just me. Did it look clean in the photos? Just curious.

I agree with the feedback, but I don't think it matters what the selling price is. If it was listed starting at $.99, then you have to accept that it might sell for $.99 and you should do the same that you'd do if it sold for $19.99.

KBecks
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I was thinking of leaving neutral, not pos or neg. Is that fair?