PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for my Mom who babysits DD

zag95
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Hello board members!
As Mother's Day is nearly upon us- I am looking for some suggestions for gifts for my mom- She watches my DD 2 days a week (for FREE- thanks mom!)

Any good suggestions? I ordered some flowers- from my daughter :p and would like to come up with some other ideas- mom likes to read, and get pedicures. She's a retired elementary teacher turned scrapbook consultant- so many of her hobbies are covered!

Any other great ideas??

TIA

sste
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Well, I think a pedi gift certificate and a framed picture of her and your DD (or maybe pay for pro photos of the two of them) would be great. If you wanted a far more extravagant gift or perhaps to chip in with your siblings, she may be interested in a "Kindle."

DietCokeLover
05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe a gift certificate for a night away at a Bed and Breakfast. I would love it if someone gave me that!

pinkmomagain
05-04-2009, 06:14 PM
I always get my mom & dad gc to restaurants they like and sometimes to the movies too. I feel like those are things they don't want to spend $$$ on for themselves. Also, they don't go out alot, so it kinda gets them outta the house with a purpose other than grocery shopping and doctor appts.

wellyes
05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
My MIL watches the baby and as a thank you we gave her a professionally-made set of handprints/footprints from the local pottery studio.

I **LOVE** the idea of getting pro photographs of her with your DD. That would be so special and a keepsake forever. In fact I think I'm going to steal that idea.