PDA

View Full Version : supposed to go to wdw this month but...

denvergal
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
my parents who are coming with us are freaking me out about swine flu. they want to cancel but it would cost a small fortune to do so. what do you think? we've got a 5 year old, 3 year old and a 13 month old going on this trip. i wasn't all that worried until i kept hearing about it. would you still go?

TwinFoxes
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
YES!!! There are 300 million people in the US. And maybe 170 cases? Go and have the time of your life!!

SnuggleBuggles
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Go! You can't prevent every illness and you shouldn't miss out on the fun stuff in life.

Have fun!!

Beth

JTsMom
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I would absolutely still go! If you haven't seen it yet, check out the thread about swine flu in the lounge.

egoldber
05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Go! :cheerleader1:

urquie
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
go for it! we just got back from disneyland with a 5yr old and a 10 month old (who mouths everything!) and it was great fun! we carried little bottles of antibacterial hand wash in our pockets and used them as needed.

Octobermommy
05-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Go without a doubt. There is more hype than danger at this point.

lubdubdeb
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
We leave Friday, and I cannot wait. Absolutely would not cancel over this, but I hope lots of other people do, ha ha!
This does not seem to be panning out to be any worse than the regular flu, so if you would go in February, then you can go now.
Have fun!

tnrnchick74
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I will be at Disney on Sat for the day. There has only been 1 reported case here in Central FL...and it was someone FROM Mexico.

Use common sense; wash your hands; move away from people OBVIOUSLY sick; don't lick the hand rails or tables, etc.

If you are sick, then don't travel...but other than that - have a blast!

Jacksonvol
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
We'll be there this weekend! I think it will be fine.

tnrnchick74
05-06-2009, 08:50 AM
We'll be there this weekend! I think it will be fine.

I will be there Sat! I know the chances of us meeting is slim but we are going to be doing the 1st haircut at the main street barber as early in the morning as we can! If you see us, say hi!

DietCokeLover
05-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Go! Just be smart, like you would any other day/ time of your life. have a good time.

bubbaray
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Go and have a GREAT time.

FWIW, my DD#2 was licking the armrests of the chairs at LAX on our return flight last Wednesday. So far, she's the only one in our family who is not sick (with stomach flu)

Do your best, use common sense, wash hands before eating, after using the potty, take a small hand sanitizer with you, etc.

Jacksonvol
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I will be there Sat! I know the chances of us meeting is slim but we are going to be doing the 1st haircut at the main street barber as early in the morning as we can! If you see us, say hi!

You guys will love it! We weren't able to do the first haircut there, but DD usually gets her bangs cut when we are there. Since she is now growing them out, we'll likely take a pass. We are going to MK Fri. a.m. and then Epcot in the afternoon. Sat. we'll be at EPCOT enjoying flower & garden. Looks like it will be sunny and hot. Since we have not seen the sun in over a week, we are really excited about the trip. Good thing Mom & Dad have an ample supply of sunscreen!

Also, near the barber shop is our favorite place to watch the big parade. They take the floats in there and so all of the characters funnel in through the smaller area. DD loves to stick out her hand and get high fives and it usually has some shade by that time of day.

tnrnchick74
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
You guys will love it! We weren't able to do the first haircut there, but DD usually gets her bangs cut when we are there. Since she is now growing them out, we'll likely take a pass. We are going to MK Fri. a.m. and then Epcot in the afternoon. Sat. we'll be at EPCOT enjoying flower & garden. Looks like it will be sunny and hot. Since we have not seen the sun in over a week, we are really excited about the trip. Good thing Mom & Dad have an ample supply of sunscreen!

Also, near the barber shop is our favorite place to watch the big parade. They take the floats in there and so all of the characters funnel in through the smaller area. DD loves to stick out her hand and get high fives and it usually has some shade by that time of day.

I grew up around here, used to work at Disney - but this is the 1st trip with DS. It jsut happens that its only a couple of weeks before his 1st birthday and his hair is getting kinda long...so it's a perfect time to do the 1st haircut and Disney is the perfect place!

I will have to tell my family about your suggestion, we might very well watch the parade from there!

Enjoy Disney and Epcot!

hillview
05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
We were there Sunday - Tuesday and had a BLAST!

GO GO GO GO
/hillary

denvergal
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
i just realized i never updated this post! thank you everyone for your replies and we did decide to go after all and had a fabulous time even with getting caught in torrential rain a few times---we just rung out our shirts a few times and laughed! i'd be happy to answer any questions anyone planning an upcoming trip may have since things are still fresh in my mind! thank you all again! i would have truly regretted not going!

ErinMC
06-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Go! Just wash your hands (and the kids' hands!) religiously and take normal precautions. You'll have a great time.