PDA

View Full Version : Ask me about my day dh..go ahead...dare ya.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Got rear-ended in our new(to us) minivan by a pickup truck. GRRRRR. I don't like pickup trucks. Never have-doubtfull that i ever will.

Waited for 40 minutes to see this new doc for me and had to leave because there wasn't enough time then to see the doc and pick up dd from school in time. Did I mention the appt. was at 1:40 in the afternoon and at 2:20 I STILL hadn't seen the doc and the nurse said he'd want an hour and a half to 3 hours for my initial vist depending on whether or not I'd need bloodwork or x-rays. You've gotta be kidding me!

DD now is having trouble sleeping and has been out of bed once already. She was in the car and so was dd2 when we got hit.

The car is driveable but come on....I've only had it for 4 months and it could very well be totalled!

This sucked!

MamaMolly
05-04-2009, 11:56 PM
:54: Oh, that sucks. I'm so, so glad you and the DCs weren't hurt! How very, very scary. And good giggily wiggily what kind of doctor are you seeing? I'm amazed he would be able to give you so much time! Here is hoping you can reschedule for an early a.m. appointment.
:grouphug:

bubbaray
05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Aye yi yi. OK, your day totally sucked. I'm so sorry you were in an accident and that the girls were with you -- how scary! I hope you are all alright, but get checked out to document everything, KWIM? Also, don't forget to replace your seats. Your/his ins. will pay, but your current seats aren't safe to use (some brands require them to be replaced after any crash, other brands depends on the severity of the crash, but if the car was totalled, IMO, they aren't safe to use).

Many hugs to you!

MontrealMum
05-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Oh my!!! What a horrific day you've had. If *my* DH didn't behave appropriately I would be expecting a spa day or something equivalent (not that I'd get it, but that's what I think is fair :) ) Don't know if this will help or not, but here's to opening a virtual bottle...:54: Also, I'm glad you're all OK :)

ETA : What kind of doc is that that takes that much time w/ patients? WOW!

JTsMom
05-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Car accidents are awful. :hug: I'm still dealing with the effects of one I was in over a year ago. I know this isn't a popular sentiment, but think about contacting a lawyer. I wish I would have. I had no idea how many doctor visits I would need, and of course DH ends up having to take time of work for them so he can sit with DS, not to mention it's a huge amount of my time down the drain, the financial aspect, AND the pain.

ThreeofUs
05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh, gosh, what a day! Glad you're all okay - how scary.

I can totally see my DS1 being very unnerved (and maybe a little sore) from the impact.

Hope everything settles down soon.

justincase
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
How awful. :hug: It seems like when it rains, it pours. I hope the person who hit you had the decency to be *appalled* that your DC's were in the car.

jal
05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Waited for 40 minutes to see this new doc for me and had to leave because there wasn't enough time then to see the doc and pick up dd from school in time. Did I mention the appt. was at 1:40 in the afternoon and at 2:20 I STILL hadn't seen the doc and the nurse said he'd want an hour and a half to 3 hours for my initial vist depending on whether or not I'd need bloodwork or x-rays. You've gotta be kidding me!

DW current pet peeve about our ped is that they have a sign in the office stating that you will have to reschedule your appointment if you are more than about 10 minutes late (don't recall the exact number, 5, 10, or 15), yet they think nothing about letting patience wait for well over an hour. This is exactly why DW will not schedule any doctor's appt. in the afternoon so that she can insure she's home in time for DS1 to get home from school.