PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Birthday Collectibles

MissM'sMom
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Although my DD won't turn one until August, I am starting to look for a collectible I can give her on her first birthday, and then on every birthday thereafter. For instance, my niece received a figurine of a girl holding an age number every year. You can see the progression of the girl from baby, toddler, teen, and young adult. It's nice, but not necessarily my style.

Any suggestions? Are you doing something similar? I would like to find something that will still be available in 18 years. Thanks!

Jen841
05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Add a pearl
Charm bracelet with a charm from a vacation or accomplishment each year?

malphy
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
How about an angel? Enesco makes beautiful angels in their foundations line.

Fashions come and go but angels will always be suitable. The specific birthday collections i have seen end up looking dated and you don't know if dd will really like that style when she is older.

Jen841
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Angels?
Lenox?
Waterford?

Grandma at Christmas gives the boys what they were for halloween for Christmas.

I have heard of china or fiestaware place settings as annual gifts.

Ceepa
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I've also heard silver place settings.

AJP
05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Swarovski
Willow Tree Angels
Pearl necklace where you can add a pearl at every occasion/birthday
Pandora bracelet/necklace with charms/beads added for special occasions

I started buying my girls the swarovski snowflake ornament this year for Christmas. I plan to buy one for each each year so that one day they will have a nice collection. If they don't care for them when they are older then I will have a fabulous collection fo rmy tree LOL! It was important to me that their collectible have the year on it, and that I started it the same year as they were born. They also have different figurines like animals, baby animals, sea life etc. They are cute, but not sure what you are looking to spend.

infomama
05-05-2009, 08:53 PM
My parents bought me one of these http://www.hbcornerstore.com/josbirdol.html each year. Oops..didn't read your entire post, these may not suit you after all.