PDA

View Full Version : Help -- need activities for sick DD#1

bubbaray
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM
OK, so the tears work now, she must be getting rehydrated. I KNOW she's sick, but she HAS to wash her hands after using the toilet (and yes, she's still pooping liquid).

I've played 2 movies so far this morning, first choice was hers (Sleeping Beauty), 2nd choice was DD#2's (Little Mermaid, which DD#1 was OK with). We've done sticker books. She d/n want to color or have me read to her. She wants her daddy, who is in an important work meeting all day today.

She's screaming right now, so I think she's feeling better. She's mad at me b/c I want her to drink pedialyte, DH told her water was OK (she wants water). She ate a few saltines earlier.

Help!

To top it off, *I* think I will be the next victim of this bug. Ugh.

MamaMolly
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
I know Pedialite is ideal, but I don't think I'd fight her right now on the kind of liquid she takes in. If it is water or nothing, let her have water. Maybe you can do 1/4 pedialyte and the rest water? Or you can always sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and sugar into a cup of water before giving it to her.

I'm so sorry that you guys are dealing with this. It is awful when DCs are sick, isn't it? :grouphug:

Momof3Labs
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Ugh, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. It really is no fun.

How about cutting coupons or magazines? Both of my guys love it when I give them age-appropriate scissors and a pile of magazines, newspapers or coupon inserts (I like the magazines or coupon inserts because they don't turn their hands black). I let them cut away a la Edward Scissorhands and when the fun is over, one of them grabs the dustbuster to clean it all up.

bubbaray
05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks ladies. OK, I've given her a sippy of water. Hope that is OK.

Hmmm, scissors and magazines. I think she'd like that.