PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gifts for 4yo twins moving abroad??

SASM
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
DD1 was just invited to a birthday party for her twin preschool friends. Girls turning 4yo. They are moving to Japan next month so I do not want to get them anything too bulky. Price limit is about $30. My first thought was books, but I'd love to give them something fun and/or that they'd grow into. Any ideas would be extremely helpful. TIA!!

Sandra
05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
How about DVDs? They are easy to pack, can be carried on the plane and played off a laptop computer or portable DVD player. We live outside the U.S (Europe) and DVDs have been a lifesaver for transatlantic flights. I hate to even think about flying to Asia with twin 4-yr olds.

Anything that can be used/played with on the flight -- coloring books and new colored pencils, those magnetic stick on sets, bead threading/stitching kits -- would be great and make you Mom & Dad's favorite friend come mid-ocean.

SASM
05-05-2009, 02:38 PM
How about DVDs? They are easy to pack, can be carried on the plane and played off a laptop computer or portable DVD player. We live outside the U.S (Europe) and DVDs have been a lifesaver for transatlantic flights. I hate to even think about flying to Asia with twin 4-yr olds.

Anything that can be used/played with on the flight -- coloring books and new colored pencils, those magnetic stick on sets, bead threading/stitching kits -- would be great and make you Mom & Dad's favorite friend come mid-ocean.

Thank you! That was my thought, too, as they have a 12mo sister who will be along for the flight, as well...YIKES!! Mom and Dad are going to be REALLY busy!! I think that I might have a few things in my little gift cabinet that might work.

TwinFoxes
05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Do keep in mind that US DVDs don't play in players bought in Japan, just FYI.