PDA

View Full Version : Is there a double stroller where both kids face you?

spj123
05-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Is that what "reversible seats" refers to on this board? Actually I take that back b/c I know there is one, the Kolcraft Contours Options one right?, I saw that in the store but it was so extremely heavy and so many steps to fold it down, plus I kinda prefer a side-by-side... Are there any other options for a double stroller where both children can face you? Thanks! :)

spj123
05-12-2009, 06:29 PM
So FWIW I found some other options but they're almost exclusively sold out of this country.. It really bums me out that they don't make more strollers (esp. DOUBLE strollers) where your children can face you and you them. The one I could find in the US (can't think of the name now, but it is available in Canada and some sites you can order from) I found out is a bit wider than some standard size doors and also didn't have all the accessories we want, so we're going w/the Bumbleride Indie Twin, which I'm excited about but still bummed the kids can't face me!

edurnemk
05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I think the one the pp is referring to is the Twin First Wheels. Looks kind of like a Bugaboo. Also there's the iCandy Pear from England, which according to strollerqueen's 2009 roll-out will be available soon in the US. It can be configured in many different ways.
If the stroller is for a baby and older sibling maybe you can consider the UPPAbaby Vista with the rumble seat. But for 2 babies it's not an option.

strollerqueen
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
If I had twins, I would love to get an Emmaljunga pram or Inglesina Domino Twin, both of which face you. Peg also has the Duette, there's one by First Wheels and one by Stroll Air. All of these are heavy and cumbersome, so that is probably why there aren't many sold here, as compared to Europe. Americans like light! ;)

strollerqueen
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I think the one the pp is referring to is the Twin First Wheels. Looks kind of like a Bugaboo. Also there's the iCandy Pear from England, which according to strollerqueen's 2009 roll-out will be available soon in the US. It can be configured in many different ways.
If the stroller is for a baby and older sibling maybe you can consider the UPPAbaby Vista with the rumble seat. But for 2 babies it's not an option.

I recently verified with iCandy that they are also bringing over the Peach, which I liked a lot when I saw it. It is lighter than the Pear, and has some of the kinks worked out.

swissair81
05-12-2009, 08:45 PM
when is iCandy bringing them over?

strollerqueen
05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
They have hired a "company manager" for the US already. The head guy will set up shop in NYC in July, and they hope to have "the product in the stockists" by September. ;)

soontobe
08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
If I had twins, I would love to get an Emmaljunga pram or Inglesina Domino Twin, both of which face you. Peg also has the Duette, there's one by First Wheels and one by Stroll Air. All of these are heavy and cumbersome, so that is probably why there aren't many sold here, as compared to Europe. Americans like light! ;)

I was looking at the Stroll Air spider duo and on all the reviews I saw people said it was poorly made and one person even said it collapsed while they were using it! The most recent review i was able to see was from 2006-that they improved it since then?

thanks!!!

strollerqueen
08-30-2009, 02:11 AM
They have a new model coming out in November called "My Duo." I will be previewing it in a couple of weeks, after I see it in Vegas. :jammin::applause:

colegiala
08-30-2009, 08:14 AM
The Uppa Baby Vista with the Rumble/double seat can have both babies facing you. I have the 09 and really like it for my DS 20mon the DD 4yr old.

jacksmoma
08-30-2009, 01:12 PM
If you can wait till late december to buy the stroller i'd go with the baby jogger city select that's coming out....looks like a double bugaboo with soo many configurations, plus it says it has the baby jogger one step fold! wowzah!

edurnemk
08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
If you can wait till late december to buy the stroller i'd go with the baby jogger city select that's coming out....looks like a double bugaboo with soo many configurations, plus it says it has the baby jogger one step fold! wowzah!

WOW! I can't wait to see it IRL I just saw it on www.pishposh.com. It looks like I found the perfect stroller for when #2 comes along. It also looks like the iCandy Peach, and has more configurations than my Vista!