PDA

View Full Version : Cinco de Mayo -- anyone doing anything fun/special?

alien_host
05-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I just realized that it is Cinco de Mayo, is anyone doing anything special for dinner or having margaritas :)?

sunshine873
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh yeah, we try to make the most out of any celebration around here! :) DD just came home from the hospital a few weeks ago, and we were lucky enough to have a bunch of friends make us some meals. We still have some leftover chicken enchiladas and I'm going to serve them as a "new meal" with some chips, cheese, lettuce, cheese, and homemade salsa. Margaritas too, of course! :)

SnuggleBuggles
05-05-2009, 05:05 PM
It's been stressful lately at dh's office so their company is having a potluck party there. I could have gone but am staying home with the boys. Mexican food for dinner tonight and margaritas after dance class. :)

Beth

calv
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
taco smell baby! i've never been so excited for out/junk food.

any suggestions? ;)

elliput
05-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Tostada night!

JTsMom
05-05-2009, 05:57 PM
It's DH's b-day. :) We're having totally non-Mexican food, but we make up for it on other nights-that's one of our favorites. Instead, tonight we're grilling, and I have a German chocolate cake in the oven as we speak.

srhs
05-05-2009, 07:04 PM
It snuck up on me, and I emailed DH to say I was too exhausted to go to the store with DS and too pooped to go out with DS. Besides, I have non-themed groceries that need to be grilled.
He replied to say he'd come home, start the grill, take DS to the store with him to get Mexican themed food along with my favorite margaritas (just a bit!), and come home and cook tonight's food along with the grilled stuff to eat as leftovers.
I scored a winner! I suddenly :heartbeat: Cinco de Mayo! I need a maracas smiley or something.

alien_host
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
It finally stopped raining yesterday so I ventured out to the store and we had chips/salsa/guac and tacos for dinner. I was really wanting to order take-out but thought the restaurant might be too busy.

DH came home with Margarita makings. DD asked if I liked the "sprinkles" (salt) on my glass. ;)

brittone2
05-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Shredded beef, sour cream, salsa, cheese, etc. on wraps. That was the extend of it. Not even a margarita around here...how lame we are!!