PDA

View Full Version : Which Munire Collection is Best?

mcmanutm
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Which Munire collection do you like best? Do you know if all of the collections are made with the same quality and/or type of wood? Any warnings or recommendations with Munire furniture? Thanks!

L'sMommy
05-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Not sure which is considered best, but we have the Savoy collection and I absolutely love it!

evansmom
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
We have the Majestic collection in Walnut. I do love the furniture and it was for our son who is now 2. He began chewing on the railing when he first started to teeth and we had to put covers on the sides...I've found that it does scratch easily. This is the only crib collection we have used, so I don't know how to compare it.

Just not sure how long to expect furniture to last? We bought it with the intention to convert it to toddler/big kid, but for the price, just not sure it was worth it....

PCARN
05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Does anyone have the Newport collection? We're planning on getting pieces from that collection. I know that there was a recall w/that particular collection due to one of the colors- rubbed black which was found to have lead in the paint but that color has been discontinued.

About the quality of wood, for those that have Munire furniture, how do you feel the quality is? I read on their website that it's made from oriental hardwood. I've never heard of that wood and wonder how good it is.

Davids-Coco
05-09-2009, 01:48 AM
We have a USA built one that is solid wood... and discontinued, O believe. It has no scratches on it and no issues at all, even though my 2.5 yr old jumps in his bed and is not easy on it in the least! From what I understand, the US made ones hold up better. Baby Bargains usually has a rundown on which collections are US made.

He3x
05-10-2009, 11:08 PM
We have Munire Urban crib and combo dresser in Espresso. Crib is awesome, a little difficult to install the mattress platform, you need 2 people and instruction wasn't clear enough. Solid wood construction throughout. However, avoid the combo dresser. Drawers are made with plywood construction, cracks in several places. Gliding mechanism is not smooth on middle drawer. We checked Pali afterwards to compare, it's much better. If I were to do it again, I would mix-and-match with other brand/style with same color.

crimscrem
06-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Does anyone have the Newport collection? We're planning on getting pieces from that collection. I know that there was a recall w/that particular collection due to one of the colors- rubbed black which was found to have lead in the paint but that color has been discontinued.

About the quality of wood, for those that have Munire furniture, how do you feel the quality is? I read on their website that it's made from oriental hardwood. I've never heard of that wood and wonder how good it is.

We have two sets of Newport. We purchased our first set in 2006. We bought the black. It was ultimately recalled. Munire was great in addressing our concerns with the recall. They were so great that we did not hesitate in going back to Munire for another Newport set, which we just had delivered yesterday. This time around we went with the Espresso. The pieces arrived in 6 weeks. Our order in 2006 arrived in 4 weeks. Both of these short turnarounds really rushed me into painting!

We think the quality is great. The Newport line is mahogany, which is a hardwood. All the drawers are dovetailed, and move in and out smoothly. They're solid.

We really like the style and the quality. The fact that their customer service has been excellent is reassuring given the money we spend on these pieces of furniture.